Unabled to restore backup of folder

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tdehan, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdehan

tdehan Registered Member

I backedup one folder with all content and am trying to restore it on a different machine. The backup completed successfully. However, when I try to restore I get the following error.

E00640068: Failed to create the scheduled task
    Failed to create the scheduled task. Error #1722 - "The RPC server is unavailable. (0XFFF0)
    code = FFFFFFFF800706BA
    Tag = )xBD28FDBD64EDB816"​

I also get the same error when I try to validate the backup file.

Any suggestions?

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Yes read this Error 1722, the RPC Server is unavailable.

3. tdehan

tdehan Registered Member

Yes... except I already tried a repair... then an uninstall and re-install and the same thing happens.

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If this is a folder with just data (including other sub folders) then using True Image for this task is totally unnecessary. Simply copy it with Windows Explorer to whatever you were using for the backup file, and then move the device containing the folder to the other computer and again use Windows Explorer to move the folder to the other computer.

5. tdehan

tdehan Registered Member

You are correct. However, that does not fix the error message as True Image Server 9.1 is suppose to do exactly what I am asking it to do!

6. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

That's not the only thing True Image is supposed to do and doesn't .... as a read through of this forum will reveal.

Even if you get this feature working (and it does work for many users) you are leaving yourself open to not being able to "get into" or restore the image - as happened to other users.

But to each his own. Good luck with it.

7. thomasjk

If you run Msconfig is the box next to schedhlp.exe checked. If not check the box and reboot. Also check Computer management-->services and make sure that Acronis Scheduler2 service is set to Automatic.

8. tdehan

tdehan Registered Member

They both are

9. thomasjk

If you bring up Task manager are all four of the following services running on the machine you are trying to restore to:
    schedhlp.exe
    schedul2.exe
    TimounterMonitor
    TrueImageMonitor

10. tdehan

tdehan Registered Member

Yes. All 4 are there

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tdehan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

If you already tried to perform the actions described in this previous post and this did not solve the issue, please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected file and do not forget to attach the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.