unable to validate or b/u 3567

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hhoyt, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hhoyt

hhoyt Registered Member

Just upgraded from 2337 to 3567.
    Ran a differential b/u to sz and TI said it ran ok.

I then ran 'validate' on the sz which produced an error of
    100 4(0x640005).
    PLEASE Development: build a table of errors and accompanying text describing what the error means in your code- so you can roll out text of the error.

Ok, I decided to redo the full b/u. Produces error 1 1013 (ox1,013f5)
    followed by 100 5 (ox640005)

Perhaps I need to delete my SZ and start over- or should I drop back to 2337 ?

These are part of nightly backup jobs that have been running successfully previous to 3567.

Tks, Howard

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Howard,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please check each partition of your hard drives by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command
    "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drives.

Please note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If that does not help then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Could you please also reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon?

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Please note that if you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. hhoyt

hhoyt Registered Member

Zdr Tatyana -

I opened up incident 552538 on this.
    The response was that I did not need to do the uninstall.

If doing removal of earlier TI9, and install of TI9 Home I would need to deactivate and reactivate the Secure Zone.

This is somewhat painful but it did work.
    I think that this would be good to add to the Users Guide ?

Thanks,

Howard Hoyt

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Howard,

Please be aware that there is no need to add this information to Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide as in fact you should be able to successfully install the newer build independently of the whether you uninstalled the old one or not. Moreover, there is no need to delete\re-create Acronis Secure Zone in this case. However, it is easy to see that some kind of a software malfunction occurred upon the process of updating to the newer build. This malfunction prevented Acronis True Image 9.0 Home from accessing Acronis Secure Zone in a proper way.

As build 3567 is based on the completely new software "engine", we do not exclude the probability of such problems arising. However, we do not expect any problems with installing the future builds of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home over build 3567. As the program works fine at the moment and Acronis Secure Zone can be accessed without a problem we recommend you to wait for the next build to be released then install it over build 3567 and let us know if the problem appears again. If yes, then we will certainly investigate the problem and try to provide you with the most suitable solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.