Unable to use ViGuard!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by aigle, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Tried to install ViGuard Home trial version today, after install, when it rebooted the notebook, I was not able to start windows, only blue plain desktop appeared, with no icons and no cursor etc, although I tried multiple times. I was able to run ViGuard in safe mode( it gave some message that some of its part was not complete-- not remember exactly now what was the message- even reinstalled it over previous one in safe mode but the message persisted). But in noramal mode windows wil not start. So have to uninstall it in safe mode.

Any idea wat could be the reason? I do have many other security appliances on my PC. May be some conflict?

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

This would be a likely scenario. It certainly depends on what the many other security applications are, but if you have many, that is where I'd look.

Blue

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

PG free, WinPatrol, MSAS, Avast, Kerio

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

aigle,

When you had said many, I was thinking of a potentially much larger list. However, according to a quick assessment of Viguard provided by kareldjag, see here, Viguard does display incompatibility with some classical resident AV packages. He didn't elaborate, but let's assume it is akin to the standard multiple resident AV issue. You might try uninstalling Avast if you wish to test it, that's would be my first suggestion. I don't see an obvious problem with the other applications listed.

Blue

5. Astronomy

Astronomy Registered Member

The reason of the blue plain desktop is that Viguard use some mechanisms

under the best privilege in system, it hooks some important functions in

system,but if another application hooks the same function,(like AV,Anti-

Spyware..etc),There will be something unexceptable occur.So i don't

recommend install so many appliances in your system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.