Unable to update spywareblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by stevedk, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevedk

stevedk Registered Member

Have downloaded spywareblaster 3.5.1 but when i start out I am told that there is a "database error, the spyblaster database may be corrupted or missing". When I try to download I get a message "error downloading updates" "at least one of the files may be corrupted". Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but each time I get the database error and the "error downloading updates".
    Any suggestionso_O?? I use Windows XP, Firefox, have Ad-aware, Spybot, and Norman Antivirus. thanks. steve

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. stevedk

Tried that, but it did not work, but I did get a message that it is unable to download, "please remove proxies and filters are removed"... what filters would that be? I use firefox to download. Otherwise, the spywareblaster menu says "database error" after each item (IE, Firefox, etc.). stevedk

4. stevedk

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Update successful.
    I turned off my Norman Antivirus and SWB was able to update successfully. Had this suggestion been in the Update FAQ I would have saved alot of wasted time. I therefore suggest that Javacool add to its FAQ about updating the following: "If you get a message that Spyware Blaster is unable to download updates, or that there is "database error", or "please ensure that proxies and filtering programs are disabled", it may be because your antivirus program is preventing them from entering. Disable your antivirus program and try updating again."

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Glad you were able to resolve your update problem and yes it is helpful when users with update problems follow the FAQ....it usually solves many of the known update problems.

Javacool Software Knowledge Base---> Troubleshooting: Error Connecting to Update Server

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.