Unable to Update SpyGuard version 2.2

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by darksoul69, Jan 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darksoul69

darksoul69 Registered Member

I haven't actually used SpyGuard since November of 2003. I believe I updated 11/22/03 to be precise.
    Today, I clicked on the update button. It took me to the update site and showed two very large updates available.
    When I tried to Install, Norton Personel Firewall starting blocking all downloads until I granted permissions for the downloads to occur. Fine.
    Then I tried to install and my system locked up twice and I had to use Task Manager to end Spy Guard.
    Turns out PopNot was blocking the downloads although I had disabled PopNot in the system tray. So, I used task manager, again, to totally kill PopNot.
    Now when I click on the Update button, it starts to download,then stops, and says my updates (from 11/22/03) are all current. Which I know to not be true.
    What could be causing this? Should I uninstall SpyGuard and SpyGuard updates and then re-install? Is this a glitch with the older version or is someting still wrong with my system.
    I am running Windows XP Pro. My computer is a Compaq
    6320US.
    Since this is the first forum I have posted to, I did not know where to post, not do I know if it will post my name and contact info.
    I am assuming that it does, but, to be safe, my handle is:darksoul69 and the email is: removed - Pieter

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi darksoul69,

Please read: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=19291

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.