Unable to uninstall the Acronis TrueImage application

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by InternetUser, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InternetUser

InternetUser Registered Member

Unable to uninstall the Acronis TrueImage application

I had installed a trial version of Acronis TrueImage 11 some months earlier. The trial had then expired within 15 days, but I was unable to uninstall the application.

It would display this error dialog whenever I tried to uninstall through the Add/Remove programs applet:
    "The configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact your support personnel."

I had let the application remain as it was, but was unable to use it since the trial had expired. However, now I need to uninstall it since I plan to try another disk imaging software, also the application processes are loaded on each start-up and unnecessarily use system resources.

Please help in this matter.
    Thanks.
    Jacob

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

3. InternetUser

InternetUser Registered Member

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello InternetUser,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 11 Home

Just follow all steps from the KB article in the right order and there shouldn’t be any issues.

Another workaround you can try before using CleanUp utility is to launch installation file of the program and choose Repair option. Then go to Add/Remove programs from Control Panel and uninstall the program.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.