Unable To Set Protection on Multiple Occurrence

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Thankful, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I set the protection on website cnn.com to Maximum. I am using Firefox 3.6.3.
    When I open another occurrence of FireFox to cnn.com (keeping the first one open), the security tab is blue and I can't set the protection to Maximum. Is this by design?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you try closing and opening your browsers again after adding protection for it? It is also possible that it has added protection for the specific URL you are currently on, so it might be worth manually looking through the list of protected websites.

Let me know what you find! :)

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

www.cnn.com is a user configured website in the list. The first time I open a browser with cnn.com, the tab is green with a check. The second occurrence of cnn.com (leaving first occurrence open) is blue with a check. The only way to turn the second occurrence green is by clicking a link in the second occurrence.

4. PrevxHelp

Could you let me know exactly how you're opening the new tab? It could be a case of not correctly identifying the website. (Along those lines, if you click on the tab itself, has it correctly identified that it is cnn.com in the browser dropdown?)

5. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I open the second occurrence of cnn.com by opening FireFox again (double-clicking on icon) and entering cnn.com in address bar. The only way to turn the second occurrence green is by clicking a link within cnn.com in the second occurrence.

6. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Hostname :unknown
    IP Address: UNknown
    IP Verification : IP will be verified shortly
    ssl status :unknown

7. PrevxHelp

Thank you for the details :) While in this state, could you please try opening a new tab and seeing if that corrects the identification? We're investigating this now, but could you please let me know what operating system you use to see if that will narrow down the cause?

Thanks again!

8. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I am running XP PRO/SP3.

9. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

1. I opened three FireFox browsers with cnn.com in addition to having one open with Prevx Help. The first occurrence of cnn.com is green, the other two are blue.

2. I click on the minimized FireFox browser with Prevx Help a couple of times and the second occurrence of cnn.com now turns green.

3. I repeat step 2. again and the third occurrence of cnn.com now turns green as well.

10. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Adding a new tab to a blue tagged browser does not correct the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.