Unable to remove Nod

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by peetk, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peetk

peetk Registered Member

I want to remove NOD from a PC but when I try to I get an error message "setup.xml is damaged or missing". There is a setup.xml in the ESET setup folder and when I click on it, I get the same message saying the file is damaged or missing. I should add that NOD's licence expired some time ago and I previously removed it then, because of other problems, had to do a system restore and therefore have to remove it once again. Can anyone point me in the right direction ? Thanks.

2. lifetweaker

lifetweaker Registered Member

Hello peetk, please try uninstalling Nod32 with the Nod32 Removal Tool: -http://www.nod32.nl/download/tool/nod32removal.exe

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2009
  3. philby

philby Registered Member

Looked here?

philby

4. peetk

peetk Registered Member

I should add that its error 114 and that I did have Norton on the PC which has now been deleted.

5. philby

philby Registered Member

When you say deleted, did you use this?

philby

6. ccomputertek

ccomputertek Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2009
  7. lifetweaker

lifetweaker Registered Member

It is--just the one from there Nederland site (which carries the nod32 uninstaller).

Besides, the problem probably has to do with Norton not fully uninstalled i.e. Quote from the ESET Knowlegebase:

Like philby said, use the Norton removal tool to delete any leftovers (if you haven't already) and then try uninstalling NOD from there.

8. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  9. ccomputertek

10. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

11. ccomputertek

Actually I was referring to the removal tool, and you quoted my post and posted a link that has nothing to do with eset uninstaller, just the steps to remove manually.

And the tool is considered the last ditch effort, not the manual removal instructions, as the eset uninstaller tool removes alot more than the manual uninstall instructions on the link you posted..................... But i'm not going to argue with you about this. :cautious: :shifty:

12. peetk

peetk Registered Member

Using Revo installer, I managed to remove NOD32. I'm still having problems but that's off topic in this forum as I'm talking about another AV software programme. Thanks for your help !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.