Unable to read from USB after creating a Avast Rescue Disk from my ASUS G57VX

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SpeedyPC, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Registered Member

G'day Avast,

On my ASUS G57VX notebook and I've double checked the BOIS settings and it can detect my ScanDisk Cruzer Blade 8Gb USB device, doing the boot-up when I hit the ESC key and the ScanDisk Cruzer Blade show up on to boot-screen and I select the ScanDisk Cruzer Blade 8Gb USB device and it won't boot or read the Avast Rescue Disk from my ASUS G57VX notebook.

Does anybody have any issue that can't boot to a USB or read Avast Rescue Disk from any ASUS notebook model, also in my BOIS settings the Secureboot is turn off and the CSM is turn on still unable to read from USB after creating a Avast Rescue Disk from my ASUS G57VX and keep in mind all four USB port color blue as (usb3) and I don't have any USB port color black as (usb2).

See link from Avast forum relating to my current issue http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=138403.0

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I could never get the rescue disc to work on any of my systems. Reported it during test and it never got fixed afterwards. Not sure why. It created the drive but it never ever booted from it. It either did nothing and just went straght to windows or it nagged that i need to remove the device and press a key to boot anywhere. Weird...

3. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Registered Member

Yes it is bloody wired RejZoR that's why I had to check if is not a bug problem coming from Avast, I've send a PM to Vlk today hoping he'll give us some answers however my father laptop computer can read the Avast Rescue Disk from DVD and not from USB because he had a HP notebook with W8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.