Unable to open the program

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by fatalsin, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fatalsin

fatalsin Registered Member

Hi,
    I previously had PG installed and working just fine on my new computer. Well I decided to not have PG installed on my pc so I uninstalled it. Now after a couple of months I want it back on my PC so I reinstalled it. Well it installed ok, I restarted and it started up fine. When I tried to open it to enter in the register or to fix my options the window would not open. I can not access the main window.

I can see it running in the background. I can only mess with the setting that is in the taskbar. I see it doing things on my taskbar but I cant get into that main window. :'(

Any help would be appreciated. I already tried to reinstalled it twice.

2. some made up name

some made up name Registered Member

first: standard questions ... what OS? which PG version?

having said that ... i'll take a guess to the fix, in a registry editor (eg. regedit) locate "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Diamond Computer Systems\ProcessGuard v3.0" and alter the "pg_mainwnd_x" and "pg_mainwnd_y" values to 0, "pg_mainwnd_w" to 0x255 and "pg_mainwnd_h" to 0x1f0 ... and restart the PG gui.

another guess is to uninstall, make sure pguard.dat and pghash.dat are removed from the system32 folder and reinstall.

3. fatalsin

fatalsin Registered Member

Changing the registry fixed it. Thanks a bunch!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.