Unable to open the ESET window.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Necrotic, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Necrotic

Necrotic Registered Member

Hello, I tried to run a virus scan yesterday and I came across something that really scared me. Whenever I click the little ESET icon to open the window up in the toolbar it shows it's selected however it does not open the visual window.

I tried many different ways to open it such as, reinstalling, right clicking and selecting different options, from the start menu, and even from the originated folder. What is the point of an anti virus I can't even use? All features work such as scanning a file with it and it updates but that's pretty much it.

I'm running windows 7 and I'm not sure there's any other info such as logs I can give you because I can't even go to the main menu.

2. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

egui.exe is the process for the ESET NOD32 Antivirus user interface. Is it running in Task Manager?

3. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

If you right click the green ESET icon in your systray, you should get a popup of ESET specific options. At the top is "Open Window", try selecting it and see if that helps. Also as the previous poster mentioned, confirm that egui.exe is running in your process list.

You could also try doing the full manual uninstall using the ESET Uninstall tool and then do a fresh install. The uninstall tool can be found here.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. Lloyd6770

Lloyd6770 Registered Member

I'm not sure how you reinstalled, but when I uninstalled/reinstalled, I was told it's best to uninstall while in safe mode. Also, instead of going through Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features, to go through ESET's uninstall feature. Just my 2 cents worth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.