Unable to mount images

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thewizardofdos, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thewizardofdos

thewizardofdos Registered Member

Hi there!
    I'm using the trial version of Acronis True Image 8 and want to mount an image I copied to my external HDD - unfortunately Windows seems to be unable to connect a new drive (Error code: 10) and True Image fails to mount the image :(
    Is there another tool offering the possibility to mount a .tib Image or a workaround for that error?
    Regards,
    Mike Myers

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please try to copy the image to the internal drive and try to mount it then? Is the result the same? Please let us know what build of Acronis True Image you use? What is the file system of the partition in the image?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. thewizardofdos

Tried it and failed :(
    Message is: "Cannot assign a drive letter to a partition from the image archive"
    Filesystem is NTFS (same computer that I created the image on)
    I created it directly to the external HDD and I can successfully restore the image but not browse it.
    As stated above that's imho a Windows error/conflict - might that be because of other image tools installed? I have alcohol 120% running without problems...
    Where do I see which version I use? It says True Image 8 - I downloaded the version just today from www.acronis.com

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If you check in Help, About... you will see the Build number. If you have Build 859, the Explore function is broken. You either need an older version or you will have to wait unitl Acronis fixes the problem and posts a new build.

5. feverfive

feverfive Registered Member

Well, this faulty build has been posted since 5/24/05. Even w/ the numerous complaints I've see on multiple forums, no action has been taken by Acronis. I actually just purchased TI8 a few days ago, so I unwittingly installed a faulty version. I am somewhat bemused by the fact that it appears I will need to uninstall the newest build & then install an older version. Yet Acronis has put out no disclaimers that I've seen anyway. I'm hoping that works to address the issues I've faced w/ TI8 in the few days I've had it.

6. jmk94903

Acronis should have sent e-mails to everyone who registered after downloading or buying Build 859 that the build was faulty. It would have been easy to modify the automatic response message until a fix has been posted.

Of course, they might also have to modify the message with a new apology after the fix is posted.

7. Acronis Support

Hello Mike,

Even with build 859 you should be able to mount the image. Could you please verify the image using the "Check Image" tool and let us know the result?

There should be no problems with other image tools including Alcohol 120%.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. Acronis Support

Hello feverfive,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The official statement was posted on this Forum that explained the situation with mounting. Our Development Team has already solved the problem and the fix is already implemented in Acronis True Image Enterprise Server (build 115:cool:. Other editions with the fix will be created very soon.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

9. marcb

marcb Guest

Hi there, I also have the same problem, only I use a fully registered version. First notice that this build was defective was when I tried to browse for this problem in the forum, but yes, I made a backup in my laptop, and it won't open in the explorer in my desktop.
    I did purchase the previous version and DLed the new one from your website, though, so I suppose I still have the old one on the cd I recently received from DR. Could you please give me an idea of the amount of time it'll take to implement this fix in a new build? That is, weeks, days, hours? Just so I can decide if I wait for the fix, or reinstall the older version.

Now I'm off to check if there are other bugs on this build, since I could only backup on CDs and not on DVD.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

10. jmk94903

Note that DVDs must be formatted with a packet writing program before TI can write to them. Nero InCD and Roxio Drag-to-Disc are examples of packet writing programs that can format DVD+/-RW disks. Roxio can also format DVD+R.

11. thewizardofdos

The image is not corrupt - everything's fine, I tried and used the image onto a new partition, also works fine, I just can't mount it to explore its content.

12. marcb

marcb Guest

Thanks for the hint. Yep, I have been made aware of the formatting issue after reading several answers to people who asked the same question in the forum :) I have installed InCD now in the desktop computer and will format a DVD+RW and test to backup there. I assumed that since I'm not using Windows there, it wouldn't be required to pre-format the DVD. I feel a bit like I'm back to floppies! :D

13. thewizardofdos

Well, today I installed the old version and - it's working *hooray*!
    ThX @ all for your support...

14. Acronis Support

Hello marcb,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please explain your problem with the exploring of your image archive? What version and build of Acronis program do you use? When you try to explore your image archive you get the message "Cannot assign a drive letter to a partition from the image archive", am I correct? Please also let us know where you store the image and please check your image by means of the Check Image tool.

Please also note, that the current version of Acronis True Image does not write to DVD disсs directly.

Please also follow the next link to get more information about writing on DVD: http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/faq.html#20.

Please note that a possible workaround is to create image archives on local or network hard drives specifying the image archive split size and burn them to DVDs later.

We will certainly implement direct DVD recording in Acronis True Image in the future.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

15. Gregg11

Gregg11 Registered Member

Where can I find this offical announcement please? I have an issue mounting images with TI8 and have a ticket open with support. Thanks

16. Acronis Support

Hello Gregg11,

We have released the new build of Acronis True Image 8.0 and Acronis True Image 8.0 Server (build 889). This build contains the fix for the mounter and some other minor fixes. You may have been already informed about it via e-mail if your support ticket was devoted to this problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.