Unable to mount images in TI 2009 Home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by enduser999, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

Have tried backing up a directory as well as an entire partition and verifying the backup. However the result is the same when I attempted to mount any of these images via the Mount Wizard. Acronis TI 2009 Build 9709 XP Pro SP3

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  2. enduser999

Hmm no one know why I am seeing this erroro_O

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello enduser999,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Please note that only a partition backup an be mounted, you are unable to mount a data or e-mail backup.

If you are unable to mount a partition backup file, please let us know where is the file is located, whether it's on internal, external, or network hard drive?

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

4. enduser999

I have used TI for years and recommended it to a friend and have regretted it. TI 2009 has been a struggle. From doing rotating full backups to mounting partition images.

This is a full partition backup which is on the machine's internal hard drive. The backup is stored on one of the hard drives other partitions.

5. enduser999

Do not know what the heck Aconis TI is doing now. I deleted the task and redid the backup job. Now when I try to mount the image of C: drive I get the following error. Attached are also the logfiles of both runs. Noticed that in the second run 2009-04-23-120121.log shows "Error Backup Date was not found"

Attached Files:

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello enduser999,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Please make sure that the following drivers are present at the system:

- Snapshot Manager (snapman.sys) which is used by SnapAPI to process I/O operations on the hard disk by all Acronis products running in Windows;
    - Acronis True Image Mounter (timntr.sys) which is used to explore Acronis True Image backups in Windows.

If the drivers have been successfully installed, the Windows registry must contain the respective values in the UpperFilters registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters

VolSnap tdrpman147 snapman380

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters

VolSnap tdrpman147 snapman380 timounter

So, the snapman value must be present in both the registry keys and the timounter value must be present in the second one only. The other values may vary in different systems.

Please note that VolSnap is not an Acronis True Image value. If it is present in the key, do not remove it when adding other values. If it is not present, do not add it.

If the drivers are missing in the UpperFilters registry keys (use Registry Browser to check out whether it is so), which may be caused by a registry protecting application, then the problem can be fixed by editing the Windows registry manually, namely, by adding the necessary values in Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> regedit).

If Windows does not boot after the registry modification, you should reboot in Last Known Good Configuration.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. enduser999

Where are these files suppose to be i.e. directory and how can they be installed if there are not on the computer? I can not find snapman.sys I can however find snman380.sys.

Update2:

Noticed that I should not of looked for snapman.sys but rather snapman380 which is installed. However for whatever reason none of the 3 required entries where in the registry. Once they were added and the machine for rebooted the problem was fixed.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  8. enduser999

Sigh it never ends. Now today I tried to run the task manually and it will not start. Even editing the task and making sure that the Run Task Now is enabled does nothing. There are no logs at all for today in Acronis nor are there any events in the Windows Event viewer! Neither will a new task for an incremental backup run! What the heck is wrong with this software!!!

Update:

I totally uninstallled TI 2009 and ran the cleanup util and then reinstalled the software. Mounting the images and the backups work fine now. Whether it will do the same tomorrow is debatable.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.