Unable to Mount Disk Images to a Drive Letter

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by linus, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linus

linus Registered Member

Hi All....I must say its very disparaging to see so many problems and so little support from Acronis here.

When I try to mount an image to explore, I get the error message, "Unable to Mount Image to a Drive Letter"

Running version 8.1 build 941
    Windows Server 2003
    Image is stored locally, have also tried storing on the network, no success there either.
    Have done a completely clean install, no help.

Our company has spent a LOT of money on this software, and telling us to "upgrade to the newest version" to get the functionality we have already paid for, just isnt going to fly.

If there is anyone who has had this problem, and come up with a solution, please message me as soon as you can.

Thank you very much.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

As long as there are available drive letters, TI should be able to create a virtual drive using each available drive letter.

How many drive letters are unused?

3. DCM

DCM Registered Member

I have been having the same problem for at least two weeks on images that at one time "verified" OK.

Today, I sent an email to tech support and received a form memo saying they will get back to me.

Their forum has a lot of people who have had similar problems and a number of possible cures are shown but I don't know if any of them actually worked.

Another worrisome thing appeared on this forum. A posting seems to indicate that on a partitioned drive, your MBR is not backed up unless you backup both partitions.

I don't want to backup both partitions to an image and it appears from the responses that this is probably true. If so, the program has very limited value to me.

I bought this program to get away from Norton products and because it looks like it is doing a good job when it runs.

With the MBR problem and the repeated corrupted files, it looks like I may have to go back to Norton Ghost because these things have never been a problem for me with that product.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello linus,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please download and install the latest build (1213) of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows
    which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Updating to the latest build (1213) of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows should solve the problem you've faced. Please let us know if it doesn't and we will provide you with the further instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.