Unable to mount an archive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by buckshee, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

I have a trial version of Drive Backup 10 Professional. I create an archive of my C drive to a folder on the D drive (second internal harddrive) no problem. However, after creation, even though it shows up in the database I am unable to mount the archive. The command is greyed out in the archive dropdown menu.
    I have hopefully selected it properly by clicking on it in the database.

I have the same problem with Hard Disk Manager 2009 and Drive Backup 10 Suite. I am using Windows 7

If I understand it, mounting the archive it will shjow up as a new drive which will allow me to look inside the created archive and copy folders/files from the archive to the C Drive

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

You can use the File Transfer Wizard, or the Restore Wizard to copy files back from an archive image.

Hope it helps.

3. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

Afraid it didn't - the program has an option to mount an archive. Can't figure why cos it doesn't work (for me anyway). The options suggested above just want to do a full restore it seems rather than the ability to copy a file or folder from an archive mounted as a drive to the C Drive - I think I'll give up and look elsewhere

4. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

The File Transfer Wizard is your best option, it is specifically designed for this purpose and does not do a full restore.

When you navigate to the archive file in the wizard, double click on it (it may not have a + sign, but is expandable), this should show you the files inside and allow you to select and move them to the clipboard for extraction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.