Unable to locally remote install (RES Error Code 1)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Intern404, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Intern404

Intern404 Registered Member

Hi all,

I'm attempting to manually install a remote install version of NOD32 by accessing it from a server; eg: Start>Run> "\\ServerName\Foldername" and running einstaller.exe, which should open a process in the background that silently installs NOD32. Trouble is, the process will start, and immediately kill itself, leaving behind nothing but a few registry entries with the error message
    The same process and files have worked on 50+ PC's so far, but I've found 3 that simply kill the process as soon as it starts. There don't seem to be any common attributes among the non-working PCs, two are running XP SP3 and one is running Windows 7 SP1, and have all the latest windows updates installed.

There is no local firewall enabled on any of the computers, and I've confirmed that port 2224 is open with nmap. I can't seem to figure out what the problem is, or why it's only affecting several PCs. If anyone has any ideas, they'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

2. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hello and welcome to forums,

It could be that the server is refusing to send out the installation package because of some leftovers from an unsuccessful installation.

Try by rebooting these computers. Also, from the ERA console, go to the Remote Install tab > Install tasks, and delete the unsuccessful remote installs (Task name: Automatic agent request).

See if this resolves your issue.

3. Intern404

Intern404 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. It ended up being a problem with previously failed installation attempts, I was able to remove them with a command line tool I found on the forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.