Unable to install new version 4.235

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by JackSun, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackSun

JackSun Registered Member

I am trying to install the new version to Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

I am logged in as a user with admin rights.

I get an error message saying I don't have the required priveleges to C:\ProgramData.

Attached Files:

• eset.JPG
      eset.JPG
      File size:
      28.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Is the installer saved to your desktop or on your computer? If so, right-click on the installation file and click Run as Administrator. Let me know if this works.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. JackSun

No the installer is in my downloads folder.

But I have already tried to do that and it doesnt have run as administrator as an option if I right click it. I have also right clicked and looked in properties/compatability which usually has a tick box for run as administrator, but this is greyed out and can't be selected?

4. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

And if you hold the left shift button and then right click the installer? You should be able to see the option then.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest using the ESET Uninstall tool first in case there are some leftovers after a previous successful or unsuccessful installations.

6. JackSun

I solved the problem by right clicking on the C:\ProgramData\Eset folder and selecting Take Ownership.

Brambb thanks, I didn't realise left shift + right mouse click gave extra options, it did have an option to install as another user but I didn't try as I had already solved it my way.

7. Beckie

Beckie Registered Member

I've tried everything ESET has told me to get ESS 4.2 installed and keep getting ekrn errors and other Windows popups. Totally frustrated. Wasted enough time.

I am not an expert like most of you seem so I have one simple goal. I need to be able to log onto the internet from hotel wifi services (never openly public sites like coffee shops, airports, etc.) and get a Gibson Research
    "Passed" on their ShieldsUP! test. Any ideas?

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello Beckie,

What is your operating system and what other security programs do you currently run or have run in the past?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.