Unable to install Echo Agent remotely

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by teimourz, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teimourz

teimourz Registered Member

Hi
    I am unable to install agent from Echo Enterprise Console 9.5 on a remote Win2k3. Console does not give any message after installation. On the remote server, when I run services.msc, it shows two services has been added. One is Scheduled2, that is Started, Automatic, and the other is Acronis Installer Servce, that is Startig(instead of Started), Disabled. No matter how long you wait service never get in Started status. I tried to change the state to Aumatic or Maual, but in either case it gives a following message:

"The specified service has been marked for deletion"

I made following modification as mentiioned in one of your post:

• Set the Volume Shadow Copy to Started /Automatic
      Set the Com+ SystemApplication to Started /Automatic
      Set the Distributed Transaction Coordinator to Started /Automatic

But it did not work. I still get the same message. I tried to install it locally. It gives a Error message
    "The advertised application cannot be installed......."

I tried both local and domain Administrator account to install, but problem still remains.

I appreciate any help

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello teimourz,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Corporate Products

I can suggest you to reboot the remote computer and to remove all traces that are present at the system in accordance with the article Manual Uninstallation of Acronis True Image 9.x and Echo from Windows

After that try to install the program locally. If this doesn't help, please obtain the following files:

1. Launch the product installation file;

2. Once the Acronis product installation screen appears, right-click on the name of the component that fails to install. You should see two options there: Install and Extract. Select Extract;

3. Select the path for extracting the component and click Save. You should select C partition, and leave the auto-created file name.

4. Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command:

msiexec /i C:\AcronisTrueImage.msi /l*v C:\msilog.log

5. Reproduce the problem and send us the log file created during the installation;

6. Please compress MSI output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip).

7. - Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";

These files will help to find the reason for the encountered issue.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. teimourz

Hi Oleg
    Thanks for the reply

I did everything you suggested. Problem remains. I still can not install agent either locally or remotely. Attached pls find the request files.

Attached Files:

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello teimourz,

Thank you for the provided information.

Please open the article Installing an Acronis Product from Command-Line

Pay attention to the "Sets the user interface level of installation", Description tab.

Install the program from Command-Line with the Basic User Interface level, if this doesn't help, use the No User Interface level.

Therefore, the command should contain (if the .msi file is placed to the C: root):

msiexec /i C:\AcronisTrueImage.msi /qb

or

msiexec /i C:\AcronisTrueImage.msi /qn

Let us know the results.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

5. teimourz

Thanks Oleg

teimourz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.