Unable to image with new computer

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ralphb, Oct 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ralphb

ralphb Registered Member

Received a new computer today and am having a problem trying to image my C: drive to a secondary drive.

This machine has a SATA HDD and CDRW/Combo. The CDRW is connected to the IDE controller (there is only one controller in this machine) and I've connected an IDE HDD as slave to this cable. It is recognized in CMOS setup and PM 8.0. But, when I attempt to image the C: drive it doesn't go to the second HD - it appears to create a folder on the C: drive.

Using ATI ver. 7.0. - had a similar setup on my previous rig and it worked fine. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Ralph

2. MerlinAZ

MerlinAZ Registered Member

Is it a new IDE HDD?
    Did you partition/format it?
    Are the jumpers correct on the HDD and CDRW?
    Is it recognized in Windows Explorer?

3. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

What SATA controller have you got?
    Does TI work in windows ? or just not work on the recovery disk?

4. ralphb

ralphb Registered Member

MerlinAZ: The IDE HD was formatted and in working order. The jumper was set as slave and recognized in WE.

starfish 001: The SATA controller, I've no idea. TI did work from Windows on my previous system.

Finally, after hours of frustration, I yanked it out an decided to use it as an external drive - imaged fine!

Thanks, guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.