Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pdc00, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdc00

pdc00 Registered Member

Note I have also emailed this to support@acronis.com

There were issues with SATA and Networking support on nForce3 but this was resolved with a newer build of TI7.

However with version 8 (build 764) when booting from CD, I get the following error message:

Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000

Then it prints a stack trace.

This is the last output before it calls /bin/product then it hangs. I also tried removing the "quiet" and the same error occured, then when I type "exit" it calls /bin/product and hangs.

I tested the boot CD with my laptop and it loaded fine.

Thanks for any advice
    Phil

2. pdc00

pdc00 Registered Member

BUMP!

I haven't had a reply from Acronis Support yet...

3. Asha

Asha Guest

I have the same error... I don't know how to resolve the problem, but this could help (probably):

in /var/log/message:
    Sep 2 10:07:33 fedora-co2 snmpd[5485]: Received SNMP packet(s) from 192.168.0.1
    Sep 2 10:07:33 fedora-co2 kernel: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000
    Sep 2 10:07:33 fedora-co2 kernel: printing eip:
    Sep 2 10:07:33 fedora-co2 kernel: 00000000
    Sep 2 10:07:33 fedora-co2 kernel: *pde = 00000000
    Sep 2 10:07:33 fedora-co2 kernel: Oops: 0000 [#1]
    Sep 2 10:07:33 fedora-co2 kernel: Modules linked in: 3c59x cls_fw ....

i try to stop snmpd:
    # kill -9 <SNMPD PID
    # ps ax | grep <SNMPD PID>
    > 6005 ? D 0:00 /usr/sbin/snmpd -Lsd -Lf /dev/null -p /var/run/snmpd -a

SNMPD ports are still open, but there is no response from them...

any suggestion?...

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Please write all the info you submitted here to support@acronis.com, though I'd appreciate some more lines of the output after it reports that error.

Thank you.

5. Mr. Lost

Mr. Lost Guest

Any progress on this? I would like to buy the product but I get the same error posted above

6. Acronis Support

Hello Mr. Lost,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please tell the build number of your Acronis True Image ("Help" -> "About"). Do you get the error message when you boot from Acronis Bootable CD? When exactly do you get this error (what screen precedes it)?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. abdekwant

abdekwant Registered Member

Any news on this topic? I just bought the product (build 826) and have the same problem. It's on a new DELL5000 with 2.8GHz HT processor running XP pro SP2. It happens both when booting from CD or when doing a necessary reboot when restoring the boot partition. If you try it many many times you may be lucky and pass. Then the restore is fine. The last lines in the error msg are <0> Kernel panic: AIee, killing interrupt handler! In interupt handler not syncing

8. Acronis Support

Hello abdekwant,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please send the exact error message you get to support@acronis.com indicating in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Marian Fadeeva? She will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.