Unable to get Universal Restore working (0x0000007B BSOD on boot)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wysiwyg, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wysiwyg

wysiwyg Registered Member

Originally I purchased True Image Echo Workstation 10 with Universal Restore before changing motherboards. It didn't work and no matter what I tried I ended up with a BSOD and error 0x0000007B after Windows started loading. I gave up and just reinstalled Vista.

Now I am simply moving my boot drive from the motherboard sata to a 3Ware 9650SE controller that is already being used for another drive. So, no new hardware is actually being added and the relevant drivers are already used by windows for another drive.

Unfortunately, I still get the BSOD shortly after the Windows loading screen shows up. This also occurs with safe mode.

This is what happens if the boot controller's drivers do not match the hardware. Instead of updating the driver Windows produces a BSOD. I have a retail version of Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit installed.

So, this is the simplest of operations for Universal Restore. I've tried not specifying the drivers and again with the drivers specified with no differences.

I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong otherwise I wasted the money upgrading from True Image 10 Home.

I have screenshots showing the two different restore attempts, one without specifying specific drivers (because they are already installed) and one with the drivers specified.

I can't get attachments to work so here are the links for the images:

The dreaded BSOD

The first restore where I didn't specify drivers.

The second restore where I specified the specific driver.

I redundantly specified the directory for drivers as well.

The second restore summary page. This also shows the True Image title bar that includes Universal Restore in the label.

I'd rather figure this out than repair or reinstall the OS so that I can get Universal Restore working for the future.

I can view the boot disk's contents by connecting it to another computer so if there's anything I can look at to see what driver is specified for the boot disk then that would probably be a good start.

2. wysiwyg

I downloaded the latest boot image and that produced the same results. I have attached two logs for these attempts.

restorelog.log is if I didn't specify a driver.
    restorelog2.log is the log from when I specified the specific disk controller.

Attached Files:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wysiwyg,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

We have implemented the possibility to download the appropriate ISO file after logging in to your account (the serial number should be registered). Please log in to your account, go to the Registered products section -> Bootable media. Download the file.

You can find more information on how to burn an ISO image to a CD here and here

Create a new Acronis Bootinbg Rescue Media based on ISOLINUX and perform the recovery operation. If the issue remains, please create an e-mail request, go to this this page, under Contact us click on the Start here button and follow the step-by-step guide.

To find the exact reason of the encountered issue we need the AUR log and the copies of your registry.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

4. wysiwyg

Hi Oleg,

Please note my second post. I already downloaded the ISO image and tried that.

Also, would the AUR logs be the ones I attached to that message?

What files would be needed to send you the registry settings after a failed boot? I can boot from a CD and access the files.

I sent screenshots and the logs to support already although I have not heard back from them.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.