Unable to download a Randomized Filename

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Jula9600, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jula9600

Jula9600 Registered Member

I scanned last week and had no problem with the random filename. I uninstalled and ran the removal tool. I tried to download tonight, multiple times and keep getting the same filename:

PrevyxProduct.exe

Has anyone else had this problem?? Any help is appreciated.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you verify that you are downloading it from www.prevx.com ? We never name it PrevyxProduct.exe and I tried now and it is indeed a randomized name. However, you could just download the normal version and rename it if needed, but click Options on install and select Install with a randomized filename :)

3. Jula9600

Jula9600 Registered Member

Sorry for my misspelling, the filename is "prevxproduct.exe"
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am attempting to download from www.prevx.com.

The reason why I am trying download the randomized filename is because I'm not sure, but think I'm infected. I figured that prevxproduct.exe (obviously) wouldn't be the randomized filename given by prevx. So I am hesitant to download and execute anything at all...even though it is from prevx.com. I'm no malware guru by any means but I assume that if I am infected downloads can be corrupted or substituted by the malwareo_O

Is there and MD5 hash or sha1 I can compare prevxcsifree.exe to prior to running the program? Sorry to be such a hassle. o_O

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The MD5 of the current download is 7abdd3b73fcf01b0ea0057547a853cef but it would be unlikely that an infection would interfere with the download process - it could possibly prevent the executable from loading, however, which is where you could experience problems.

Let me know your results! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.