Unable to download a Randomized Filename

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Jula9600, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jula9600

Jula9600 Registered Member

I scanned last week and had no problem with the random filename. I uninstalled and ran the removal tool. I tried to download tonight, multiple times and keep getting the same filename:

PrevyxProduct.exe

Has anyone else had this problem?? Any help is appreciated.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you verify that you are downloading it from www.prevx.com ? We never name it PrevyxProduct.exe and I tried now and it is indeed a randomized name. However, you could just download the normal version and rename it if needed, but click Options on install and select Install with a randomized filename :)

3. Jula9600

Jula9600 Registered Member

Sorry for my misspelling, the filename is "prevxproduct.exe"
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am attempting to download from www.prevx.com.

The reason why I am trying download the randomized filename is because I'm not sure, but think I'm infected. I figured that prevxproduct.exe (obviously) wouldn't be the randomized filename given by prevx. So I am hesitant to download and execute anything at all...even though it is from prevx.com. I'm no malware guru by any means but I assume that if I am infected downloads can be corrupted or substituted by the malwareo_O

Is there and MD5 hash or sha1 I can compare prevxcsifree.exe to prior to running the program? Sorry to be such a hassle. o_O

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The MD5 of the current download is 7abdd3b73fcf01b0ea0057547a853cef but it would be unlikely that an infection would interfere with the download process - it could possibly prevent the executable from loading, however, which is where you could experience problems.

Let me know your results! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.