unable to disable amon

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Aye, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aye

Aye Registered Member

maybe it's just me, but when I try to delesect the checkmark for "resident module enabled" nothing happens - the checkmark stays no matter how many times I click on it. Is this normal or could this be a misconfiguration on my side?

Additionally, if I click on STOP, the warning suggesting to temporarily diable comes up and if I select YES it's still running because the filename being scanned is still changing.

Any help would be appreciated...

2.000.9 btw

2. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

For me, the checkmark for "resident module enabled" only works if logged in with Administrator privileges.

3. Aye

Aye Registered Member

true but I'm logged in with administrative rights

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Aye,

Under "Resident modules and filters" (left hand panel) you should be able to click on "Amon", then when you click on the check-mark in the box beside "Resident module (AMON) enabled", that part will turn gray and at that point a box will pop up with the notice: "Disabling resident protection module stops on-access antivirus protection! Do you really wish to disable resident protection?" If you click on "Yes" then the check mark will be removed from the box and AMON will be disabled (the icon will turn red).

Are you getting the box that pops up where it asks you to confirm with a "Yes" to disable AMON?

snap

5. Did you set a security password? If you did, you can't disable Amon without it.

6. Aye

Aye Registered Member

Snapdragin,

Yes, when I click on Stop it asks me "Are you sure you wish to terminate resident protection..." After clicking on yes, the resident module still has a check in it and it certainly isn't red - as if nothing happened. Also the filename field keeps changing as it scans different files proving that it's still enabled.

Additionally, password protected settings is "off".

7. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Aye, I've read through NOD's "help" information for AMON, and you should be able to temporarily disable AMON the way you are doing it. Why it isn't stopping for you I don't know. It may be a configuration problem when you installed it (do you have any other anitvirus programs running resident alongside AMON?)

You could send an email to ESET's support with a description of the problem: support@nod32.com (include a link back to this thread in the email).

Or wait until an ESET Moderator replies to your thread here with a possible solution.

Sorry I could not be more helpful.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.