Unable to create...

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by marse.robert, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi all,

I have recently updated my FirstDefence-ISR from Version 1.05 build 166 to Version 3.20 build 2.02. On attempting to create a secondary snapshot, I get an error, "Unable to create static copyof active snapshot."

Anyone?

Marserobert

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Do you have anything like Comodo which protects itself?

Pete

3. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi Peter.

May I offer an apology? I got so frustrated that I formatted C: .... then it dawned on me.... I had been messing with services.msc and VSS had been stopped.

I am now, up and going ... it is a little disconcerting putting everything back. Sorry for the false alarm!!!!

Marserobert

4. Peter2150

No problem. Just glad you got it sorted out.

Pete

5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I havent, :mad: Do you have a Ace of a Hammer to Crush FD-ISR into 80 Gizzillion micro particles :ninja: And some bugger answer my Questions instead of jusr reading them, if you dont mind :p

6. Peter2150

Hi DVD+R

Haven't answered cause I don't know. Trying to remember but when I played with Vista Business, First Defense worked great. You had a couple other questions, that I just don't know.

Pete

PS. That's when it's time to go the support route.

7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

DVD+R,
    Instead of using an EMPTY snapshot, you can also try this, I know it's cumbersome, but you never know it might work.

1. Take a backup of your entire system first, in case everything fails.

2. Copy/paste your personal data to an external harddisk, because you don't want to lose these. You don't have to do this, if your personal data is on ANOTHER partition.

3. Zero your harddisk. You don't have to do this, but that is my way. I want a clean harddisk when I install my computer.

4. Install winVISTA COMPLETELY and FDISR. You can also install other softwares but that is upto you.
    Check if it works properly. If you have a problem already, it means that it is a pure winVISTA-problem. Maybe winVISTA doesn't like your hardware.

5. Then you create a winVISTA-archive with FDISR and store it on your external harddisk.

6. Zero your harddisk again. You don't have to do this, but that is my way. I want a clean harddisk when I re-install my computer.

7. Install winXPproSP2 and FDISR. Now you have a primary snapshot, which you can rename in WinXPproSP2 Snapshot.

8. Copy/update the winVISTA-archive to a new snapshot or secondary snapshot. Now you have WinVISTA-snapshot.

9. Copy/paste your personal data from your external harddisk to the approperiate folders.

Now you have :
    1. WinXPproSP2-snapshot and
    2. WinVISTA-snapshot.

If you don't like it, don't do it. I'm just trying to help.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  8. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Sounds like fun if Nothing else :D I always give things a try so I'll see what happens :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.