Unable to create Image on New Partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by niteghost, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niteghost

niteghost Registered Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/niteghost/A_Screenshot.png

This si a Screenshot of my Partitions. I created a New Partition call K from the primary partition C:/ The Image that I tried to create for Backup is only 13.4 Gigs and I have allocated at least 25 Gigs to the newly created Partition K;/
    But when I tried to create the Image to be stoe at K:/ . acronics said that I do not have enough Disk space. I am Not sure whether I created the Partition wrong or something else.

2. mareke

mareke Registered Member

From the picture it seems that the partition you created was only 29 MB not 25 GB as you intended so Acronis is correct in reporting that you don't have enough disk space. For it to be 25 GB the amount of disk space in MB reported on the screen should be around 25,000 MB not the 29.5 MB reported .

3. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Yup - look at the C Drive - 70,624 Mb. The K Drive is only 29.5 Mb.

4. niteghost

niteghost Registered Member

Oh! Sh*t ! What an Oversight, thanks guys, Now I can just Kill myself for the embarassment! Mod, could U please delete this Post, before I die from embarassment ! :doubt: :doubt: :doubt: :doubt:

5. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Actually, niteghost, the pic you posted is helpful ... someone else, maybe on another forum, was asking how to delete the Recovery partition. He wanted to reclaim the space to be able to have ALL of the hard drive for his use. And he could not find a program that will see the partition in order to delete it. If I can find the forum again I can tell him that Partition Magic should be able to do it.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello niteghost,

Glad to hear there is no problem now. I will leave this thread at least because others may find it helpful. Sometimes this happens to all of us so never mind. Hope this is the biggest problem you encounter.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Oh no! We want it left here because it makes all of us feel better. :) We all make silly mistakes at times.

My bad one was wanting to split a TI image at 1000MB to do a test. I was working too fast and didn't type in the MB. By the time I was able to stop the process, I had thousands of 1KB .tib files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.