unable to create boot disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by catbrown, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catbrown

catbrown Registered Member

I was unable to create a boot disk with the latest build of True Image 7, so I just upgraded to TI8 (build 859) and still get this message when trying to create the boot disk: error burning the bootable cd-r/cd-rw.

I have Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 Basic DVD installed. Are there any reported problems with this version? Anything else I should investigate that may be causing this problem?

2. rharris270

rharris270 Guest

I have been using TI8 with Easy Media Creator (full version) with only one minor problem, which may be of interest to you:

If I insert a CD, then run TI8's create bootable media option, it fails.

BUT, if I place a CD in the writer tray, >>leave the tray open<<, then run TI8's create bootable media option, it will close the tray and write the CD without error.

I suspect that this be related to Roxio's Direct CD (i.e., drag & drop option) which appears to "lock" the CD as soon as it is inserted. This action by Direct CD might be the source of your problem.

Again, try leaving the CD tray open and letting TI8 close the tray for you.

3. catbrown

catbrown Registered Member

Thanks so very much. That did the trick! :p

PS to Acronis folks ... you might want to add this to the FAQ.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello catbrown,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are glad that your problem has been resolved. We will certainly add this workaround to the FAQ.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. macrojim

macrojim Guest

I had this same problem with Nero's InCD (v3.27.1). Leaving the CD tray open worked for me also!?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

There are several workarounds in case you cannot create Acronis Bootable CD:

1. Boot into Safe mode (press F8 when Windows starts up and choose Safe mode to boot into) and then create Acronis Bootable CD;

2. Uninstall any CD burning software temporarily and then create Acronis Bootable CD;

3. If you use Windows XP please uncheck the "Enable Cd recording on this drive" box in the "Recording" tab (to get to this tab please right click on the CD-drive in "My computer" and choose "Properties")

4. One more workaround (the one that helped you):

- Eject any disc from the burner prior to starting the program;
    - Proceed until the program asks for a disc;
    - Insert a disc and then click the OK button to close the tray automatically.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.