Unable to creat image on network drive.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by yeoman, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yeoman

yeoman Registered Member

I am trying to remotely create an image using the TI Management Console. But when I try to select a network drive to store the image on no PC's are listed under Microsoft Windows Network and it says unknown drive in the right hand pane. Have attached screen shot.

Can anybody help

Jeremy

Attached Files:

• ti.JPG
      ti.JPG
      File size:
      53.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

Also please make sure you are able to navigate to Microsoft Windows Network (and further) via Windows Explorer.

If nothing helps please send a letter with the description of the problem or a link to this thread to support@acronis.com. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. The latest version is exactly the problem. It was working using 928.

4. I reverted back to 928 from 937 (both Management Console and Agent) and now it is working correctly again.

5. Acronis Support

Hello Martijn Zeedijk,

We are releasing the new build (941) of Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation and Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server. These updates will be available soon at http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/ If the problem still persists with the update please send the letter with the screenshot of the error to support@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. Alan Jones

Alan Jones Registered Member

I have the same problem with Build 937 but I have not been able to create an image on a network drive since I began testing of True Image Corporate Workstation. When I connect to a PC using the console I can only browse that PC's local folders ... mapped drives show in the window but no folders will display. If you type in a location and try to create an image you get an error message.

Attached Files:

7. Alan Jones

Here is what my browse for location looks like ... you can expand the local drives but not the mapped drives.

Attached Files:

8. Acronis Support

9. Alan Jones

I have begun testing Build 941 today. I willl say it works, but in an odd way. Here is what I mean ... (***NOTE: My network is a Windows 2000 network with Active Directory and AD integrated DNS. I use static, private IP addresses. My Windows Domain does not carry the same extension as our Internet presence as our web site and e-mail is hosted by our ISP. Therefore I use a nonexistant ".lan" extension for my local Windows Domain while our Internet domain name is ".net". My Windows DNS servers serve my local network and outside resolution is forwarded to the ISP DNS. I give all this for background info)

1. I installed the latest console, agent and "full" product to my "management" PC
    2. Then "pushed" the new agent to a "test" PC
    3. Connected to the test PC by using a domain user account and password. This required username only and password.
    4. Once connected, if mapped drives were shown, they were not accessible when chosing the location for the image. I had to browse "Computers Near Me" for a network location and then sign on to that PC using username@domain_name (without the .lan extension) and the password.
    5. Once that was done I was able to create an image of the "test" PC from the console on the "management" PC and save that image on a network location.
    6. I am verifying the image now.

I do not quite undestand the various username/domain/password combinations required. It seems the same combination would work both places. I had hoped that mapped drives would work as I have mapped drive X: for Acronis images but I now wind up browsing to the location.

This is my experience so far. Just want to update this in case it may help any others.

Alan

10. Alan Jones

Here is a little more information (see also thread Management console doesn't see network by RogerA)

After receiving some information from Acronis via my sales representative I have tried, and verified, that I can use the format domain\username when entering the requested User Name to:
    1. Install the client to a PC via the console
    2. Connect to the client PC via the console
    3. Browse to and log on to the network share through the create image wizard via the console

I do not see mapped drives and must use UNC paths. Acronis suggests: I would suggest connect to the remote agent by user that has rights to access these mapped drives. The username I am using does have rights to the mapped drive I am interested in but still no success with mapped drives.

The below image shows what I see. I think True Image Corporate Workstation at Build 941 will work for me, but it is not quite what I was hoping for. What are your experiences?

Attached Files:

11. Josef Kiss

Josef Kiss Guest

Hello Martijn Zeedijk,

I have the same problem using Build 930 and 941. Unfortunately I don't have Build 928. So, I tried to get it from Acronis support but it was not possible. Do You know where I could get this old Build 928?

Thank you for help

12. Acronis Support

Hello all,

If you are still getting problems with Acronis Management Console with 941 build please make sure you have updated all the parts (Acronis Management Console, Acronis True Image and Acronis True Image itself) and if the problem persists please send the description to support@acronis.com. We will certainly help you to sort the things out.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

13. Geoffrey Frye

Geoffrey Frye Registered Member

I just upgrades to Build 945 and I'm getting this problem also. I tried it on a few machines with the same results "Unable to create image on network drive". By what I have read this item is still not resolved......

14. Geoffrey Frye

Geoffrey Frye Registered Member

I was able to create an image on a network drive. It can't be an "Active Directory" share or machine. Acronics needs to test this software under active directory. Does anybody at Acronics read these posto_O? Just testing.

Have a good day........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.