Unable to connect to XP share folder from Boot CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by demuss, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demuss

demuss Registered Member

I've downloaded the latest demo of timage (v8 build 796) and I've created the 7 boot diskettes. Then I've used these to boot up a laptop which has a 3com 3cxfem656 pcmcia network card.

The good news is that timage recognises the network card, but I cannot see the shared folder on my XP sp1 desktop.

I have a netgear adsl modem/router inbetween the laptop and desktop, which doesn't think the laptop is connected to it (not listed in routers attached devices). Connection lights do come on, on the network card and router when timage loads up.

On the laptop in the network settings it has "DHCP: not used" even though DHCP is switched on in the router!! So I've put in an IP address of 192.168.0.105, Gateway 192.168.0.1 (router ip address). My desktop address is 192.168.0.100.

Where am I going wrong. I this doesn't work I'll be resortingto taking the drive out of the laptop and connecting to the desktop to do a backup.

Thanks
    Anthony

2. demuss

demuss Registered Member

Just an update to anyone else thinking of using the same 3com card. I booted up my pc with a Boot CD and it found the DHCP server, so it looks like the 3com card is not supported.

Is there a list kept of cards that are known to work and not work??

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

There is now Build 800, so download that and hope that they just added support for your NIC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.