unable to connect to server question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Eclipse99fwb, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eclipse99fwb

Eclipse99fwb Registered Member

I had client call me this morning, they can't get any updates, they keep getting a error on one of their computers. I have checked their Username and Password, both are correct and entered correct. The error they recieve is "unable to connect to server". They have two computers, one is connected directly by ethernet cable to the modem, the other computer (the problem one) is connected, i believe to the modem, by usb cable(could be wrong, but I pretty sure thats what i was told). The computer connected by ethernet is getting its updates. I had her try while I was on the phone, it just sits and goes through all the servers, till it says its trying to connect to nod32's url. They just recently switched from a dial up to Broadband, I had them check to make sure it was setup for Lan/ fixed line, which they still had it on dial up, so I had them change it. Still same problem though, I didnt have them restart the computer, I wasn't sure if it needed to, to register the change. Also they have <choose automatically>, and they are using two standard NOD32 2.7 consoles, with U/P for each. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm not finding anything that is helping solve the issue.

2. Eclipse99fwb

Eclipse99fwb Registered Member

nevermind, I feel like a idiot, I forgot to have them check to see if the proxy box was checked. Problem solved...

3. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Hey, don't feel bad, we've all felt like that over a computer problem at one time or another. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.