Unable to browse for files - True Image Home 2009 Bld 9709

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mogulman, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mogulman

mogulman Registered Member

When using True Image Home 2009 Build 9709, I can't browse for Backup files or data files most of the time. True Image just hangs.

about 5-10 minutes later I get an error message that it can't find a MS Sharepoint file with an HTTP URL.

This happens when trying to create a backup task and browsing for existing backups. It also happens when trying to create a backup of Data Files rather then my entire PC.

I've attach a pic of the eventual error message.

I'm assuming somehow TI is searching for files but trying to access some Sharepoint files I used in the past. Those sharepoint files are only available to me when connected to my Company's VPN. I wasn't connected to the VPN when starting the backup.

I tried doing online chat, but they were useless. I created an email case with support Case 00092710. Who knows if anything will come of this thing. I'm almost ready to throw it out and buy a different piece of software. I'm definitely not recommending this to anyone I know for now...

Attached Files:

2. mogulman

Anyone else experience anything like this? anyway to limit the drives or folders where True Image searches for images? What about limiting the drives/folders it searches for backing up data?

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Is your VPN running in the background by default?

Colin

4. mogulman

No. It is Juniper web based VPN.

I don't have problems with windows explorer or any other programs.

This is on Vista Business SP1

5. mogulman

Almost a week and no response from Acronis from my email ticket or in here.

6. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Contact Support via Live Chat from your persnal registration page.

7. mogulman

Yeah.. well.. I did that last week. I just got all kinds of recommendations about installing some irrelevent old scheduling files and reinstalling the software from scratch. None of that helped.

8. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

mogulman:

On a hunch, have you tried disabling the Distributed Link Tracking Client? Instructions are in this post from Acronis Support.

9. mogulman

Interesting idea. Tried it but didn't make a difference.

I can do this consistantly with True Image on my machine. I wish there was a log file or something I could provide to Acronis to help them figure this out.

10. mogulman

Almost 2 weeks and still no response from anyone at Acronis for this thread or my email ticket on the web-site. <knock knock>.. anyone homeo_Oo_O

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mogulman

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I've replied in your case an request some additional information. I need that information to investigate your problem thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Rasovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.