Unable to boot After Acronis Snap Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Keith Weisshar, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith Weisshar

Keith Weisshar Registered Member

I have a Gateway PC with a hidden OEM Recovery partition. When I run Snap Restore from the Acronis Secure Zone I was unable to boot with a message saying hal.dll is missing or corrupted. I have backed up both the main partition and the recovery partition to an Acronis Secure zone partition. The recovery partiton is located at the beginning of the hard drive but points to the second partition entry. The main partition is located after the recovery partition but points to the first partition entry. The boot.ini points to the first partition entry. When I reinstall from the burned Recovery CD, the recovery partition is created first and then the main partition is created. After a snap restore, the recovery partiton gets moved to the first partition entry and the main partition gets moved to the second partition entry. I had to use BootIt NG from Terabyte to reverse the first and second partiton entries in order to boot XP again. The Gateway PC comes with the first and second partition entries reversed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.