Unable to backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by atkulp, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atkulp

atkulp Registered Member

I installed Acronis True Image 9.0 on Windows Vista Beta 2 yesterday and then installed True Image. Everything installed fine, but when it attempts to run a backup operation it fails every time. I tell it to do a full system, full backup with compression and normal priority saved to a network drive. I get two main errors:

Can not find a partition with the path \local\hd_sign(FB84FB84)
    Failed to process pair script:{GUID HERE}

Is it a Vista incompatibility? The errors don't tell me anything! I just purchased True Image from Amazon and was prepared to be amazed (based on a friend's recommendation). What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
    -Arian

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

TI doesn't support Vista yet.

3. atkulp

atkulp Registered Member

Thanks for the response. That's very disappointing, but it's also a bit of a cop-out. Are the errors specifically because I installed on Vista, or could it be for any other reason? Whether or not Vista is supported by Acronis, the issue could be caused by anything. If Vista is causing the error then I'll give up, but I'm hoping that I'm just not understanding something about TI.

Thanks!

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Acronis says Vista will be supported in a later build/version and if it worked in the current version I am sure they would be more than happy to say it does, even if it was a bit unstable.

One person ran TI on a dual-boot system and he couldn't make a serviceable backup of Vista so there are other issues than just getting it installed.

Look at this thread for some more info.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=106883

5. Shraddhan

Shraddhan Registered Member

When I installed Vista Beta 2 today as an additional operating system, I was informed specifically by the setup program that Acronis True Image was not compatible, and to contact Acronis about this.

Vista can apparently do a complete image backup to enable a full system restore in case of hardware failures, (Microsoft recommend a full backup every SIX MONTHS!!! I do mine daily.)

The Vista backup will only work with NTFS partitions. I need to be able to make my backups to FAT32 partitions, so I will not be abandoning TI next year when Vista starts shipping.

Shraddhan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.