Unable to backup to CD's E00040010

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bpos2, Jun 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpos2

bpos2 Registered Member

Just purchased the Acronis TrueImage 7.0 this weekend. I am in the processing of adding a new 80 GB harddrive and installing software on it. I got to a good stopping point and installed Acronis 7.0 and updated to build 613. I did a successful backup to the SZ and verified the image was good. The image size is less than 500 MB.

Next I try to backup to CD-R. I get an error of E00040010 which states the Device is busy.

System details:
    Asus 815ep motherboard Celeron 1200 CPU 385 RAM
    Windows 98 SE with all security updates
    Western Digital 80 GB 800JB Hard Drive (only Hard Drive)
    Acronis installed on Drive E: Secure Zone set to 8 GB
    Yamaha 2200ez CD-RW Drive 20x10x40
    Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum updated to current releases (Take Two removed)
    Adobe 6.0 only other installed software

I did press F11 once to see what the Recovery Manager was like but did no restore.

Edit: I am also having trouble writing to CD when I try to create Bootable Rescue Media.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated. I browsed the other threads but didn't see this issue being addressed. Hopefully, its something simple to fix.

bpos2

Last edited: Jun 6, 2004
  2. me75006

me75006 Registered Member

Are you able to write some data files to a cd-r using your Roxio software ?
    Its important to know that your cd recorder is operating ok. You might want to burn a TI image to a partition on your hd, one thats been formatted. If you have your old hd, you could connect it in as a slave drive, and create 550mb images to it. If you get that far, then see if you could burn one of the image files to a cd-r.
    At this point, you may have a clearer picture of whats right & wrong.
    The goal being to test the smaller parts of the whole system to determine whats really the true picture.
    Just sharing a few thoughts, good luck.
    Ive been using TI since version 6.0, and now at 7.0 v313.

3. bpos2

bpos2 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.

Although I never had a problem burning Cd's with my previous install. I never tested with the new install. Good idea. I selected a bunch of directories and I WAS able to burn a CD successfully and was able to read the CD on my computer and a second computer. So it looks the mechanics are there to burn a CD successfully. I was able to burn successfully with MusicMatchbox on my previous install too.

I could install a second hard drive and create the images on that drive and then burn them to a CD. However, I would still like to find out how to burn to a CD directly. I have lost a day and a dozen CD's trying to get the software to work.

I am really impressed with the ergonomics of the software. If I can just get it too work, I will be its biggest fan.

Again thanks,

bpos2

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, bpos2

Welome to Wilders Security Forums and Acronis TrueImage Forum.

True:- Be Positive Two. [very good :D ]

Some questions to answer Sorry.[annoying] ;)

What OS and did you run CHKDSK before you made the Image.

Where is your Image at the moment.

Did you check [verify] the Image.

Also so use CD-RW's saves coasters :mad: and better results. [in my tests]

What speed are you writing at, 10X max best IMHO.

Sorry I could not be of more help at this time.
    Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

PS: Stay Positive. :)

5. bpos2

bpos2 Registered Member

Response to TheQuest:
    CHKDSK: no errors reported
    I did verify the image created to the SZ - good results
    Running Win98 with all updates.
    I have several images saved in the SZ.
    Unable to create images to CD.

Now the kicker...

Since upgrading to the new versions of Roxio, I have been unable to format a CD-RW. I can burn CD-R with no problem. About the same time, I had also bought some TDK 10x RW disks. When I try to format them, the format/verify process never stops. It keeps on running with no errors reported. I have let it run for 1 hour although it states the process should take but 15 - 18 minutes.

So maybe the same problem I am having with formatting CD-RW disks is also at the root of the Acronis problem. I will have to think about what my next step is. I could post the problem (CD-RW format problem) to the Roxio forum boards. The formatting problem also existed in my previous install.

I will have to wait until next weekend before I pursue this as I will have to get back to work and family for the week.

Thanks for reply. I will keep plugging away at it. Learning lots in the process. :) :)

bpos2

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, bpos2

Why are you trying to format the CD-RW's?

If they have been used you erase the data, full erase is best.

Never used SZ too much?

And I don't understand how your burning program can see the SZ.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in Acronis
    True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/)!

Please try to burn the image on a CD in this way : Create an image on your HDD (split it if needed if it takes more than 1 CD). And then try to burn these files to CDs using your Roxio software. If it will work this way - then it's obviously some conflict with Roxio and Acronis True Image when it comes to CD-writing.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

8. bpos2

bpos2 Registered Member

Update:

I have had success in using TI 7.0 since my previous posts. Here is what I did and what I found out.
    1. Upgraded my CD-Rom to a Lite-On 52x32x52
    2. Reloaded the new harddrive without installing Roxio 5 Platinum (and all the updates). Updated IE 6.0 with all the security updates and installed the video drivers.
    3. Installed TI 7.0 build 594 (the version Acronis provided when I purchased the software.
    4. Still had various errors in using the software.
    5. I enabled DMA for the two harddrives and CD-Rom. When I did this, the various errors went away. I was able to backup to second hard drive and restore from it.
    6. With build 594, I was unable to burn ALL partitions to CD-R disk. I have partitions C thru I of various sizes. It would only save C and D partitions. When I updated to build 613, this problem was solved.
    7. When updating, I found out you have to disable the TI task and TI scheduler task in MSCONFIG (I use win9:cool: first before doing the update. I would get a messge on the reboot that it was unable to update unspecified files. The software would then not work. When I disable the above items, I got a successful update.

Now, I am ready to install Roxio (tonight or later in the week) to see if there is any conflicts. At this time, I think most of my problems were with an outdated CD-ROM and not enabling the DMA on the drive devices. At this time I have a functioning version of TI.

Hope this helps other people.

Thanks,

bpos2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.