Unable to backup to CD's E00040010

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bpos2, Jun 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpos2

bpos2 Registered Member

Just purchased the Acronis TrueImage 7.0 this weekend. I am in the processing of adding a new 80 GB harddrive and installing software on it. I got to a good stopping point and installed Acronis 7.0 and updated to build 613. I did a successful backup to the SZ and verified the image was good. The image size is less than 500 MB.

Next I try to backup to CD-R. I get an error of E00040010 which states the Device is busy.

System details:
    Asus 815ep motherboard Celeron 1200 CPU 385 RAM
    Windows 98 SE with all security updates
    Western Digital 80 GB 800JB Hard Drive (only Hard Drive)
    Acronis installed on Drive E: Secure Zone set to 8 GB
    Yamaha 2200ez CD-RW Drive 20x10x40
    Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum updated to current releases (Take Two removed)
    Adobe 6.0 only other installed software

I did press F11 once to see what the Recovery Manager was like but did no restore.

Edit: I am also having trouble writing to CD when I try to create Bootable Rescue Media.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated. I browsed the other threads but didn't see this issue being addressed. Hopefully, its something simple to fix.

bpos2

Last edited: Jun 6, 2004
  2. me75006

me75006 Registered Member

Are you able to write some data files to a cd-r using your Roxio software ?
    Its important to know that your cd recorder is operating ok. You might want to burn a TI image to a partition on your hd, one thats been formatted. If you have your old hd, you could connect it in as a slave drive, and create 550mb images to it. If you get that far, then see if you could burn one of the image files to a cd-r.
    At this point, you may have a clearer picture of whats right & wrong.
    The goal being to test the smaller parts of the whole system to determine whats really the true picture.
    Just sharing a few thoughts, good luck.
    Ive been using TI since version 6.0, and now at 7.0 v313.

3. bpos2

bpos2 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.

Although I never had a problem burning Cd's with my previous install. I never tested with the new install. Good idea. I selected a bunch of directories and I WAS able to burn a CD successfully and was able to read the CD on my computer and a second computer. So it looks the mechanics are there to burn a CD successfully. I was able to burn successfully with MusicMatchbox on my previous install too.

I could install a second hard drive and create the images on that drive and then burn them to a CD. However, I would still like to find out how to burn to a CD directly. I have lost a day and a dozen CD's trying to get the software to work.

I am really impressed with the ergonomics of the software. If I can just get it too work, I will be its biggest fan.

Again thanks,

bpos2

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, bpos2

Welome to Wilders Security Forums and Acronis TrueImage Forum.

True:- Be Positive Two. [very good :D ]

Some questions to answer Sorry.[annoying] ;)

What OS and did you run CHKDSK before you made the Image.

Where is your Image at the moment.

Did you check [verify] the Image.

Also so use CD-RW's saves coasters :mad: and better results. [in my tests]

What speed are you writing at, 10X max best IMHO.

Sorry I could not be of more help at this time.
    Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

PS: Stay Positive. :)

5. bpos2

bpos2 Registered Member

Response to TheQuest:
    CHKDSK: no errors reported
    I did verify the image created to the SZ - good results
    Running Win98 with all updates.
    I have several images saved in the SZ.
    Unable to create images to CD.

Now the kicker...

Since upgrading to the new versions of Roxio, I have been unable to format a CD-RW. I can burn CD-R with no problem. About the same time, I had also bought some TDK 10x RW disks. When I try to format them, the format/verify process never stops. It keeps on running with no errors reported. I have let it run for 1 hour although it states the process should take but 15 - 18 minutes.

So maybe the same problem I am having with formatting CD-RW disks is also at the root of the Acronis problem. I will have to think about what my next step is. I could post the problem (CD-RW format problem) to the Roxio forum boards. The formatting problem also existed in my previous install.

I will have to wait until next weekend before I pursue this as I will have to get back to work and family for the week.

Thanks for reply. I will keep plugging away at it. Learning lots in the process. :) :)

bpos2

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, bpos2

Why are you trying to format the CD-RW's?

If they have been used you erase the data, full erase is best.

Never used SZ too much?

And I don't understand how your burning program can see the SZ.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in Acronis
    True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/)!

Please try to burn the image on a CD in this way : Create an image on your HDD (split it if needed if it takes more than 1 CD). And then try to burn these files to CDs using your Roxio software. If it will work this way - then it's obviously some conflict with Roxio and Acronis True Image when it comes to CD-writing.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

8. bpos2

bpos2 Registered Member

Update:

I have had success in using TI 7.0 since my previous posts. Here is what I did and what I found out.
    1. Upgraded my CD-Rom to a Lite-On 52x32x52
    2. Reloaded the new harddrive without installing Roxio 5 Platinum (and all the updates). Updated IE 6.0 with all the security updates and installed the video drivers.
    3. Installed TI 7.0 build 594 (the version Acronis provided when I purchased the software.
    4. Still had various errors in using the software.
    5. I enabled DMA for the two harddrives and CD-Rom. When I did this, the various errors went away. I was able to backup to second hard drive and restore from it.
    6. With build 594, I was unable to burn ALL partitions to CD-R disk. I have partitions C thru I of various sizes. It would only save C and D partitions. When I updated to build 613, this problem was solved.
    7. When updating, I found out you have to disable the TI task and TI scheduler task in MSCONFIG (I use win9:cool: first before doing the update. I would get a messge on the reboot that it was unable to update unspecified files. The software would then not work. When I disable the above items, I got a successful update.

Now, I am ready to install Roxio (tonight or later in the week) to see if there is any conflicts. At this time, I think most of my problems were with an outdated CD-ROM and not enabling the DMA on the drive devices. At this time I have a functioning version of TI.

Hope this helps other people.

Thanks,

bpos2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.