Unable to backup to a CD or DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Richard Shaw, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Shaw

Richard Shaw Guest

I just installed True Image 8.0 on my Windows 2000 system, and then down loaded the latest upgrade fix, 859. I was able to create a backup image of the C drive onto the D drive. Also, I was able to create a boot disk on a CD. However, no matter how hard I try I can not make a backup recording on a CD or DVD. Sometimes the process freezes, and somtimes I get a message that maybe the media is of poor quality. I have used both DVD-RW and DVD+RW and several disks from different maufacturers. I even tried DVD-R and DVD+R, and CD-R, all to no avail. I'm at a loss as to what to do. Can Somebody please help?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Richard,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let us know whether you used preformatted DVD disks as described at our site? Also please clarify whether it was only Acronis True Image that froze or the whole system froze?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Richard Shaw

Richard Shaw Guest

I am using unformatted DVD's, and when the process feezes, itis just the True Image. I then have to use the task manager to end the task

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Richard,

It would also help if you could advise what Operating System and CD/DVD burning software you are using. In the meantime, have a quick read of my post in this <previous thread>.

Regards

5. Richard Shaw

Richard Shaw Guest

I'm running Windows 2000, and Nero as a burner

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Yes Richard and, in addition, please do read Post #42 in the thread that I've linked in my reply above.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.