unable to activate after reinstall

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by karlik, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karlik

karlik Registered Member

A friend had her address book hijacked and hundreds of garbage emails each day forced me to change my address. When I was updating account info at different at different companies web pages with my new address, eset was one I missed.
    Now I just recently had a hard disk crash and lost all data. I no longer have any of the account/activation info from eset. I can install nod32 from my disk but can't activate it - no longer have the username/password that was sent the first time I activated it.
    I can't find any way to contact eset, the contact us option on the web site is asking me for all of the information that I don't have username/password). The phone number says it's for business accounts only. If I request the info be sent again it goes to my old email account.
    How do I contact eset to get some help activating my software?

Larry S.

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Send an email to support("at")eset[dot]com as long as you still have the active email address the license was sent to, it should be recoverable. Please add in as much info as possible.

3. karlik

karlik Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm afraid it didn't help at all.
    After two requests to that email address, and no reply whatsoever, I'm thinking it's time to shop for a new anti virus program.
    Would have been nice to at least be told we can't or won't help.
    NOD32 is almost a year old and I have no way to renew and I'm not about to purchase the entire program again.

4. elapsed

No reply? Did you get the automated email giving you an ID?

5. karlik

karlik Registered Member

No reply of any sort. Emails were not returned as undeliverable. Do not use any type of antispam software.
    I will reply to your pm.

6. elapsed

I didn't PM you, maybe it was a ESET moderator? The fact that you didn't get an automated reply signifies they didn't get your email for one reason or another.

7. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello karlik,

Thank you for responding to my PM.

Richard

8. karlik

karlik Registered Member

Well, after 3 attempts to contact eset at the email given, and giving my info to Rmuffler/Richard, I have still recieved zero response from eset = zero customer support.

Have uninstalled NOD32 and installed evaluation copy of Trend Micro.

9. BedreAntivirus

BedreAntivirus Registered Member

10. karlik

karlik Registered Member

That page asks for either my username, which I do not know, or my registered email, which is no longer a valid email address. If I put in my registered email, it attempts to send the information to my old no longer working email. I need to get into the site to change my registered email, which I can't do without the username and password.

11. Rmuffler

Hello karlik,

The message from our team may have been sent to the email that you registered with. It has been resent to the new email that you provided to me.

Thank you,
    Richard

12. karlik

karlik Registered Member

Richard-
    First of all, let me thank you. I really hope you're getting paid very well for what you do. You appear to be the only person affiliated with ESET who actually listens to what customers are saying.

In each email I made it very clear that the email I registered with is no longer a valid working address, and any attempt I made to recover my name and password was being sent to the old invalid address. And since I don't have my username and password I can't login to attempt to update my info at ESET.

Made it pretty clear the address I registered (no longer a valid address) with is ***** and my new working address is *****.

I did fianlly get the info, and I give you sole credit for getting it done.

My subscription for NOD32 expires in about 3 months. If it took this long and this much effort to solve such a simple problem, I hate to think about what would happen if I had a major issue. I'll really have to do some soul searching and decide if I want to uninstall Trend Micro and reinstall NOD32, or just purchase Trend Micro. They do have the selling point of email, phone, or online chat support options.

Larry
    CC Eset cust care at eset.com

13. Rmuffler

Hello karlik,

I apologize for the runaround. I had a Customer Care engineer update your email address in our system so that if you needed support in the future they would have your correct contact information.

Thank you,
    Richard

14. karlik

karlik Registered Member

Again, I appreciate all the help you've provided, but 5 weeks to get any response from the company at all? That's just not acceptable. If you dropped your car off for a tuneup and it took 5 weeks would you go back to that shop?
    NOD32 would only be valid for another 3 months, and I just can't see the logic in reinstalling it and renewing my subscription. I placed an order today to upgrade the 30 day evaluation copy of Trend Micro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.