µMatrix - the HTTP Switchboard successor

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tlu, Oct 25, 2014.

1. nicolaasjan

nicolaasjan Registered Member

I think this is not a priority to @gorhill at the moment. We're just lucky he fixed the important parts of the first abandoned project.

I couldn't find the commit(s) that implemented this, otherwise I could try to compile it myself in the 1.4.4 code...

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

i integrated some changes from nutensor and other commits into my 1.4.3beta.

about reddit - thats really odd, used 1.4.4 and the cname feature and ...fastly... showed up, 1.4.3beta not and no fastly.net in the matrix - and reddit was fully shown (in special the topics at the top have content now).

3. nicolaasjan

nicolaasjan Registered Member

The CNAME reveal function only showed up at new instals; not when updated from previous versions (see here):
    This is what mine looks like:

screenshot_uMatrix-1.4.3b0.png
    It's really weird that in your case it's the opposite...

4. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

to remember
    in case of using this feature umatrix will break webpages here - as ublock did. it may be helpfull for investigating purpose but not for general usage. at least a lot of pages are hosted on cdn/cloud services. in case of reddit i have to set a lot of additional (and unique) settings for fastly-cloud, and this is only one page. without cname most pages fit with one general setting and do not need additional cname settings which blows the rules list in a not necessary way.

currently i stay on 1.4.3beta and will see, how it works and what will happen.

5. drache

drache Registered Member

A bit late but thank you for patching uMatrix, @gorhill.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.