Umatrix in Firefox 38.0.5

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Bill Privatus, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Bill Privatus

Bill Privatus Registered Member

I'm having fits with firefox. Web Fonts are not downloading. This page, where I'm starting a new thread, ha boxes instead of toolbar icons above where i'm typing.

I've been looking at it for hours. It's not umatrix causing it, and it's not noscript.

Because it actually happens in umatrix itself - there is no padlock icon, for instance - I thought I'd ask here whether anyone knows how umatrix is loading its web fonts?

Chrome works fine here, so it's not site settings, and it's not my black-hole /etc/hosts file.

Thanks in advance.

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

example page?
    considered, that firefox 38 is really out of date while your chrome is up to date?

3. Bill Privatus

I know. It is old. Fedora 20 here, need to upgrade OS. Just thought someone might have seen this issue - with umatrix specifically, and might have a fix.

Thanks for responding. Time for that OS upgrade, I suppose...

4. Bill Privatus

Sigh - 'new news'. This is an unfortunate side-effect when you disable the firefox preferences "allow page to choose own fonts". So it goes far beyond the font face choices in that 'advanced' dialog. Closed "solved" though not "resolved".

Edit: looks like I can't mark a thread as 'solved' here. Just have to count on google helping someone else discover this.

FYI, the ref where I found this is at http://www.ghacks.net/2015/07/21/fi...es-how-icon-fonts-are-handled-by-the-browser/

5. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

i am sorry, i should have asked you for infos from about:support (not raw).
    idd there are some settings - but nor sure if v38 offers them too.

in general there is nothing wrong with webfonts (IMO weff-files)
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Open_Font_Format

some are offered by the google central service fonts.gstatic.com

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.