UltimateDefrag v3 - is THIS the very best defragger ever?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by qazwee, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

Currently Distrix is offering 40% rebate to everyone (Black Friday offer). Don't know if it applies to upgrades. BTW if you were eligible you should have received a single notification a while a go with a rather complicated process to follow in order to get UD3 at upgrade price. It may have landed in your spam box.

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

hmmm wonder if this also applied to additional lic's? they always offer those at 33% off... but now are they additional 40 off as well...

edit wow yeah it does. first lic is 17.97 then each extra is 11.97 very nice

3. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

I requested mine from via the link that I posted earlier. What they do is that you create an account with them (option on the Buy page) and when you have done that you email them with your upgrade request, ie, DE > UD3, and they credit the account with points (which each = 1$) and then when you buy you claim the discount by using the points available, ie, you pay the balance of full price - points.

Hope that helps?

:D

PS. I am really pleased with the move to UD3...excellent piece of software IMHO.

4. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

Thanks Baldrick, that helps very much and you also gave me your opinion that you like UD3 which is also good to know.

I downloaded it on trial and it does seem a very nice piece of software so I may well request the upgrade and get the points which I also assume will be taken into account along with the current 40% that MerleOne mentioned above... thanks for that info also.

5. Baldrick

Glad to be able to help.

I would double check with Disktrix as to whether you can get the 40% (Black Friday one) on top of the 40% (standard upgrade offer) that you will get off the price of UD3 as an existing DE user.

Great if yo can get it but I suspect that 40% on top of an upgrade offer may be expecting a bit too much...but good luck to you if you can get this. Even at 40% off (only once) I think that UD3 is well worth it.

:D

6. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

Thanks Baldrick, I didn't realise that the upgrade offer was also 40%, in which case I could simply buy it at the current cut price without all the hassle of getting the upgrade from DE. I also can't see them doing it at 80% off so now would be the perfect time to get it before the special offer ends.

7. Baldrick

Sounds like a plan, zarzenz. Just checked what the upgrade discount was and it was indeed 40% or $12. Given the none upgrade offer sounds simpler you may as well go with that if yo can get it.

Happy defragging! ;)

8. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

Yes, Happy defragging everyone !

9. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

Will this sale version allow you to update to newer versions?

10. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

Hi Isso,

Is there any reason not to run UD3 from WinPE i.e. to defrag the Windows system drive while it's offline? (For purposes of this question, suppose we run Udefrag,exe from the default location, C:\Program Files\Disktrix\UltimateDefrag, so that the settings and TFU.db are the same as under Windows, layout.ini is not used, and the method/settings are equivalent to the ones in the Disktrix tutorial for hard drive optimization). Would defragging the system drive while it's offline (i.e. no locked files) be of any significance?

About the boot time module, what's the best place (starting cluster) for system files in relation to high performance and other files? (The Distrix tutorial says to use the cluster from the first square in the third ring from the outer edge, but seems a bit arbitrary because it changes based on zoom, doesn't account for portion of high performance files, etc.)

11. Isso

Isso Developer

Hi pajenn,

For running from WinPE - there should be no problem with it and I think if you have time to run PE, then definitely it's worth to run UD under it. You'll get better quality file layout, not only because of absence of locked files, but also because no other program (including OS) modifies the files on the drive while defrag is running.

For system files position - I would recommend to place the block after high performace files. Just leave some gap between the end of high perf area and the beginning of system files block - so there is space for new high performance files.

12. rookieman

How long does it take to get your license from them?I bought it on Tuesday and haven't heard nothing yeto_OI sent them an email on Wednesday as well.I'm good with the 30 day trial for a while yet.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  13. Isso

Isso Developer

rookieman,

As far as I know the license should be sent immediately after purchase. You might want to send a letter to support.

14. samsara66

samsara66 Registered Member

I have purchased the UD2008 on 9.Dez.2010! I read this on the Disktrix Homepage: "If you purchase UltimateDefrag after 1 September 2009 then you are eligible for a FREE upgrade"!

Now i contact the Support on support@disktrix.com for the free Upgrade. But there are no responses the last 3 days! Is this the "normal" way of Disktrix?

How disappointing!

Is there a other Way to contact Disktrix?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  15. rookieman

Thanks for the reply Isso.

16. bobrandal

bobrandal Registered Member

I purchased Ultimate Defrag V3 on 17 Dec 2010....various attempts to run the software have been unsuccessful with the programme shutting down completely when the ANALYZING Mode "freezes" at 94%.

Since the 19th Dec I have contacted support@disktrix.com on three occasions and have yet to receive a response....my inquiries to date have revealed that DiskTrix Inc is a "one man Inc- Robert Ferraro" operating out of Loris, SC.

Maybe he is away for a Xmas vacation!!!...if anyone knows his whereabouts I would love to know!!

Bob R
    Kapiti Coast
    NZ

17. zfactor

try contacting isso here on the forum. i hate to say this but you have about the same experience with thier cust service as i have had. more than a year ago during the loooooooong wait i wanted a refund for my purchase but i gave up since i sent numerous emails and never got a response back so i just ate the purchase, though i am using version 3 now and so far it seems to do a pretty decent job. most of my issues have been resolved with the newest build .19

18. bobrandal

Thank's for your quick response....couple of queries....I note that Isso cannot be contacted by PM or Email so I assume contact will only be made with him if he happens to see my "blog" on this Forum.....and could you give me a bit more info about the newest build.19.

Xmas Cheer from NZ....and I hope the snow drifts are not too deep in your neck of the woods!!

Bob R

19. zfactor

what version do you have? the most current is 3.0.19. if you do not have this one its on the web site for disktrix as well as it should have updated when you opened the program..

20. bobrandal

Yes I have version 3.0.19....thank's.

I have since discovered through my Flightsim contacts that a Robert Ferraro is a Principal in both the PC Aviator (where UT3 can be purchased) and the Computer Pilot Magazine.....so I will await to see what response I get from my emails to him at those locations??

Bob R

21. TraumaDoc

TraumaDoc Registered Member

This thread should simply be deleted - it just doesn't accomplish anything anymore that's actually on-point! :doubt:

22. mike42

mike42 Registered Member

Closed, not deleted! It still may contain usefull info for others.

23. Isso

Isso Developer

Bob,

I'm sorry for this problem. You can always send me a PM here at wilders, though I may not answer immediately.
    To the problem - does the program crash (close)? If yes there should be a folder in the installation directory named RPT and you can find some .rpt and .dmp files there. Please send them to me.

If it just freezes, please do the following - launch the program, press Ctrl+Shift+F12, then start analysis. When it freezes, close the program. Then you can find _Defrag.log file in C:\ - please send it to me.

If you need a refund right now I'll let Rob know.

24. bobrandal

Isso,

Really appreciate your response....I will PM you after the Xmas/New festivities are over and the grand kids are back in their respective home...and off my PC!!!

Happy New Year!!

Bob R

25. mike42

mike42 Registered Member

Since some time has passed since the last update and a new year has started :cool: , I wonder if there will be a new release soon. I think Isso, you have ironed out some GUI flaws, so I am very curious to see the results.

Happy new year to every one!

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.