Ultimate defrag very slow

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Banshee, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

Hi,

I installed Ud on this machine and it is very slow.The pc is only 11% full but the analyzing is so slow (14% after 20 minutes ). On my older pc Ud is works just fine .

Any idea ?

Thanks

2. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

don't know!??! For me it takes just 15 sec. on a disk with 10 % stuff,and way faster than PD !!! Strange o_O maybe security stays in the way,check your permissions and disable all secu.

3. Banshee

What security ? I just have antivir+kerio 2.15 running.

now it's still at 35% after more than one hour or so.something is wrong here not sure what

4. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hi.

How about other defraggers? (Windows built-in). Is the problem persistent only with UD?

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Have you turned off the Guard of AntiVir?

6. Banshee

Yes only Ud.Perfectdisk works just fine but I had to remove it as it doesn't like one of kerio's 2.15 drivers.

7. Banshee

Yes.I tried with both antivir on and off.Same thing.Very slow

8. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Banshee, have you tried running chkdsk to see if there are errors in your flie system? If there are no errors, I would contact Disktrix Support for their insight into this problem.

9. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I would concur OP's assessment in terms of defrag time(no matter how you manipulate the options of DF). In my testing box, I have PD, Diskeeper Pro premimer, O&O defrag Pro and UD, all paid and very recent versions. The results seems to confirm that. Why? I do'nt know. However ,effectiveness of defrag may vary from product to product, no clear verdit yet.

10. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Banshee - have you tried setting UltimateDefrag's resource usage to 100% instead of Auto?

11. OldMX

OldMX Registered Member

Same here, downloaded a trial of distrix ultimate defrag latest version, it takes ages to analize de hard disk, its a deal breaker for me :(

oldmx

12. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

THANK YOU!!! I been scratching my head raw trying to figure out why PerfectDisk always suddenly rebooted on me so often even after a simple analysis. I thought it was some flaw in the program itself but you just answered that unknown. My KERIO 2.15. That's why i had to turn to other Defrags Like UltimateDisk.

And yes, i too have noticed a marked slowdown of not analyzing but the defrag itself. Now that may just have to do with my disk or it takes that very long to rearrange files/folders when selecting thru various UD defrag features.

Nonetheless, at least on ALL my drives i Defragged with UD at the start, they are still very instant in response. This is still a technology which needs more discussion just like this to get to the bottom of the WHY for delays or SLOWNESS.

13. Banshee

14. screamer

screamer Registered Member

That's strange. I have both UD & PD on my box.
    PD is only used for offline / boot defrag.

PD took 2mins to analyze & UD took 30sec to analyze
    320GB HDD / 49.5GB used

Sometimes w/ all the screwin' around I do w/ UD it takes a while to actually defrag. But when it's set up normally, it take 'bout 15-20mins.

...screamer

15. Banshee

Ud 1.54 is out. I downloaded it and now it works great.Case closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.