UK Internet Providers Block Pirate Movie Websites

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by TheKid7, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

A "bit" late ! I'm surprised the've waited so long to start seriously cracking down on illegal material ?

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

It's practically impossible to stop piracy, but you can reduce it by providing good legal alternatives and use the increased popularity. Blocking is not the way to go for any positive changes.

4. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Congratulations, "Turns on VPN".

5. guest

guest Guest

Agreed. You blocked one website and then ten warez websites will emerge from the wreckage, with more warez than the blocked one. Not to mention the rages from the people. :argh:

If a lot of people like you keep using VPNs for this purpose then I bet sooner or later using VPN services will be considered as illegal. :rolleyes:

6. Taliscicero

Again you show your age, a VPN is a well used method of communication for company's globally. Its like me saying, you can't use your phone because bad people use phone companies also and we are shutting down the cell phone towers.

7. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Change that to "...using unlicensed VPN services..." and I agree :(

8. guest

guest Guest

What's wrong with you and your obsession to maturity? :rolleyes:

That's interesting. Is there any readings I can get about unlicensed VPNs? Thanks. :)

9. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

The reference is to Iran, which recently (months ago) restricted VPN use. As Taliscicero noted, VPN technologies are widely used, and would never be outlawed. But you were talking about "VPN services", not VPN technologies per se.

I don't know whether there are any commercial VPN services that meet Iran's licensing requirements. But then, I haven't looked ;) Anyone know?

10. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

They block it usually by their DNS server, just like in the Malaysia, so the solution is quite simple. :)

11. guest

guest Guest

In a nutshell, they're insulting our intelligence by thinking that we can't bypass their blockings. :D

12. Taliscicero

You said people like me would get it banned, banned means not getting past blocks. It will never happen and even if it does there are still VPS servers people can take out and micro rent to 10-20 people a time and because they are so small-time people would just think them legitimate company traffic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.