Ucash and Co. (why not able to stop)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by wolliballa, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolliballa

wolliballa Registered Member

Isn't there a way NOD32 AV could stop these lousy Ucash -Malware to infect PCs which are protected by up-to-date NOD32 and fully updated OS plus etc-software plus being run with non-admin rights.
    You might be happy to be able to use a non-infected account to clean up the mess but it would be a good idea to get not infected in first place.
    Typically this happens when googling around and hitting a wrong result link.

2. P_R_

P_R_ Eset Staff Account

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We have been analyzing the LockScreen malware and certain improvements in cleaning will be implemented soon. As for proactive protection, we add detections as soon as new variants emerge that are not coverered by heuristics / generic detections. Of course, new detection methods and protection techniques are continually being developed / improved to provide even better protection to our users.

4. wolliballa

In most/ some cases NOD32 has successfully identified malware but only after infection ( dropping file e.g. into %User%Appdata/Local/Temp and Prgram Data and creating Autostart link ).
    Once you are a happy user, you have another uninfected admin account ready to fix the lot. In most cases you might need another run with Malwarebytes to detect other locations additionally infected (or yet undetected ).
    But if you react to slowly, this damned sh... might have already encrypted your files or have marked them as hidden...........

Had more than 5 cases with my customers last 3 months:
    - fully uptodate systems (XP,Vista,W7)
    - alternative Browser used
    - Java platform up-to-date
    - restricted user (standard )

Just 'google' and klick. And hit you are.

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

6. wolliballa

Fair enough.
    I know that Eset is always trying to stay on track. But as these bastards act like chameleons changing colours every minute I wonder if there could not be another way of prohibiting infection other than generating new signatures every day.

Anyway I still am a very good friend of NOD32 and keep on selling !

7. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.