Ubunto 910 in a VM Player appliance

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Threedog, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

First time I really gave Ubuntu and VM Player a try so after installing VM Player I downloaded a Ubuntu appliance so I could have it already setup to give it a try. I am liking it so far. I had tried out different distros on my actual computer before but couldn´t get anything to run right. Now I get to take a real look at stuff with the VM. Don´t think I will make a total switch from Windows though. :thumb:

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

You can isntall Ubuntu in VirtualBox. VB is free and a lot of fun. Lot of features as compared to VMware player.

3. Threedog

I might try that one next. This is the first time I used VM Player. I had used Microsoft VPC but it didn´t seem to do a good job with Linux. Only distros I had ever tried before this are Red Hat and Mandrake but couldn´t get them to work right to learn how to use them. I am liking this Ubuntu distro.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I have never got linux to work for virtual pc eiether. dono if they done it on purpose or not.

5. Threedog

I am having problems with the sound and my printer now. I might try this in virtualbox to see if it works out better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.