Ubunto 910 in a VM Player appliance

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Threedog, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

First time I really gave Ubuntu and VM Player a try so after installing VM Player I downloaded a Ubuntu appliance so I could have it already setup to give it a try. I am liking it so far. I had tried out different distros on my actual computer before but couldn´t get anything to run right. Now I get to take a real look at stuff with the VM. Don´t think I will make a total switch from Windows though. :thumb:

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

You can isntall Ubuntu in VirtualBox. VB is free and a lot of fun. Lot of features as compared to VMware player.

3. Threedog

I might try that one next. This is the first time I used VM Player. I had used Microsoft VPC but it didn´t seem to do a good job with Linux. Only distros I had ever tried before this are Red Hat and Mandrake but couldn´t get them to work right to learn how to use them. I am liking this Ubuntu distro.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I have never got linux to work for virtual pc eiether. dono if they done it on purpose or not.

5. Threedog

I am having problems with the sound and my printer now. I might try this in virtualbox to see if it works out better.