Ublock vs Umatrix or use both

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Royk, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Royk

Royk Registered Member

You are about to read some bad English. and I am really sorry about it. I am not a native English speaker.

so guys I am a new here I just created my account for this discussion on which extension should I really choose

I like Ublock it does what is say's but umatrix also have its own advantages the main problem is with umatrix is it break's the sites so what I do to fix it is push the green button for script and other...

but I browse almost 100's of sites a day I don't really like to push it every time it's a tedious task ...

so guys now I want from you guys is plz tell me how to umatrix properly...I am new on ad blocking things and I don't really want to run umatrix and ublock at the same time it eats up my ram really fast. cpu too sometimes ..........I want a one blocking system that blocks every add and every malware

so plz be kind

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

3. Royk

Royk Registered Member

I don't have any problems with ublock at all what i have problem's with is umatrix..

4. Brummelchen

then uninstall - some cant help without any examples or missing understanding from user.

5. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Lol this thread. While the OP posted on not being the best in english, but you seemed to give a clear post anyways. The replier certainly had some trouble understanding his/her english. Or wanted to read instead something else.

I don't use uMatrix most of the times. If it is enabled, I would whitelist 3rd parties instead of whitelisting all scripts or the other. That willl negate the protection of uM and making it quite redundant.

uBlock is fine to run alone IMO. It provides that ad blocking with default installation settings AND if you run it in medium mode and then also perhaps with blocking popups and remote fonts globally, you would be quite protected. Not totally of course :)

6. Brummelchen

in my regular firefox i have both active, in another profile uMatrix is off for testing purpose. in opera (35 stable) only ublock is installed - also to try out if i can work without uMatrix - in seems i can do it this way. umatrix is nice but to handle both i need more work than usual and ublock is working pretty good.

simple english - i think that here are more than one native languages on the run. bing/google translation may help.

7. CHEFKOCH

CHEFKOCH Registered Member

8. Brummelchen

concerninh merge - ublock and umatrix do. you see "used x from y" the rest is already present.
    but it makes no sense to "used 91 of 1500" - so i untick such filter lists with only few additions.

and from my view - umatrix is a more granular filter to ublock. for beginners ublock should be the only one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.