UBCD4WIN V360

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Fidelius, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fidelius

Fidelius Registered Member

Helllo,

Nod32 version 5 does not allow me to download UBCD4WinV360.exe.
    Ultimate boot cd for Windows ubcd4win.com is a legitimate freeware based on BartPE to repair a PC, view hardware and so on.
    At the end of download, 269 MB, Nod32 asks if I stop the connection or if I go on.
    Knowing that UBCD4WIN is from year 2010, I wonder why Eset decides it is a dangerous program.

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello Fidelius

Went to the website that you mention in your post, and downloaded the file from MajorGeeks. When the download reached 99% Eset stopped the download, only to point out, that the download content a potentially unwanted program. But you should have seen a Warning like this I have posted, giving you the choice to Disconnect or No Action.
    Just in case: What is a potentially unwanted application?
    Cheers ,Janus

Attached Files:

• puw.png
      puw.png
      File size:
      58.6 KB
      Views:
  3. Fidelius

Fidelius Registered Member

http://mirrors.us.securitywonks.net...8b9ce603807d87debe3353fec05a/UBCD4WinV360.exe Win32/PrcView application potentiellement dangereuse connexion arrêtée - mis en quarantaine Une menace a été détectée lors de l'accès au Web par l'application : C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe.

This is what I see in the log. This a well known program and his author talks about false positives but does not mention Eset http://www.ubcd4win.com/faq.htm#false. So I think it is safe to allow the program download and ignore the warning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.