UBCD4Win + True Image + Mustang's TI Patch

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by machser, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. machser

machser Registered Member

UBCD4Win + True Image 9.1 Workstation + Mustang's TI Patch

just wanted to prepare the ubcd4win with TrueImage plug-in, using Mustang's plug-in patch for True Image Workstation 9.1 (TrueImageCorporateWorkstation9_3625_up.zip) and executed AutoHelp.cmd in the plug-in-dir, but it reported it couldn't find TrueImage's serial# in registry, only the one for Universal Restore. If watching at the serial# for Universal Restore it found in registry, the number differs from the original serial# for UR, it seems that it's a checksum or so, that has been included into TrueImageCW9.inf for UR.
    How is it now possible to include my serial# for TI into that inf ?
    The Serial# for TI has been given to the System through the 'True Image License Server' app, not directly while installation process of TI. While it was different with UR, so that the number has to be typed in while installation process.

Totally confused now...I would like to use the UBCD4Win BootCD with TrueImage Backup and Restore function...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  2. machser

machser Registered Member

Re: UBCD4Win + True Image 9.1 Workstation + Mustang's TI Patch

regarding to this link I've gone a little step further.

Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\Licenses\06CEC3B5083B0102 i found an entry called License with a 25digits value (letters and numbers).

I entered this 25digits-value into TrueImageCW9.inf, so that it looks like that now:

; License key from registry
    [Software.AddReg]
    0x1, "Acronis\TrueImage", "workstation", "1111111111111111111111111"
    0x1, "Acronis\UniversalRestore", "workstation", " 11111 11111 11111 11111 11 11 11111 11 1 11 11 11111 11 11 11 11 1111 11 1 11 1 1"

I replaced the real serials by ones.

ATI fails in BartPE by telling the serial is missing. What can I do else ?

3. mustang

mustang Developer

You need to make the license info look exactly the same in the BartPE registry as it does in normal Windows. You can test this by exporting your license key from the normal Windows registry. Then boot into BartPE and use regedit to import the license key. It should look the same as it did in Windows.

Then you can modify the inf file to reproduce the license info for you. You should copy and paste the number because all the spaces must be correct, including the leading spaces.

4. bemowmin

bemowmin Registered Member

Hello everyone,
    my goals is t put ubcd4win and reatogo in one cd, my problem
    is how to configure the i386, setupldr.bin, txtsetup.sif

what i did i copied i386 from ubcd4win, then i overwritit by reatogo(i386), so reatogo works, but i got an error when i renames setupldr.bin(ubcw4win) to setupldr1.bin and change occuseneces in it to represt txtsetup1.sif(ubcd4win)

any help
    email em at bemowmin@yahoo.com
    thanks

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

What does this have to do with True Image? You might want to ask this question here The CD Forum (Powered by Invision Power Board). This is where the Reatgo folks and some of the UBCD4WIN folks also hang out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.