U.S. Government issued new guidance for internet privacy

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by true north, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. true north

true north Registered Member

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Isn't going to happen, you might as well ignore it. Unless the federal government turns these "recommendations" into laws, only a handful of ISPs and websites will go along, and that will only be for a little "PR". Another thing is that most ISPs and websites already tell you what they do with your data (at least mostly), but nobody ever reads the Ts and Cs, they just click the button that says "Let me in!".

Another thing is that there would have to be a limit to what a user could opt out of. I have to play devils advocate and say that some data collection is essential for cases where law enforcement needs to be brought in to the picture. I just don't see this really becoming the reinstatement of privacy. We're long past the point of no return for that.

3. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

Websites should NOT collect, save and share information about their users. That is what is called privacy. But we forgot that a long time ago... :mad:

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

They are worried about the bottom line, not your privacy. No one "forgot" privacy, it was taken away. And there are many people and many circumstances you can blame for that.

5. PokerFacehatinspam

PokerFacehatinspam Registered Member

LoL @ anyone believing they will have a decent amount of anonymity/privacy on the net. Would be nice but I just have a feeling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.