"Typical" Installation? Scanning?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by JRCATES, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

When downloading and installing version 3.0.684.0 (AV - not the suite), I noticed that there were two options:

Typical installation

Advanced (or something similar) installation

I chose Typical....since it seemed to indicate (or suggest) that it was adequate and was the most commonly used....and also because I didn't have Blackspear's settings handy at the time :D

But I'm curious....what is the difference? I thought I had heard somewhere that Blackspear's settings WOULD BE the "typical" settings for users starting with 3.0.

And since Blackspear's settings were for version 2.x.....is it possible, and how would one go about using his (or similar) settings for version 3.x?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also...it appears that a "MANUAL" scan is the only option with this version. I couldn't find any way to "schedule" a scan. Am I missing something o_O

Thanks

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Run it yourself and you'll see .
    Basically , there are a few more options to configure in the Custom installation such as installation path (if you don't want the %ProgramFiles% one) , password to protect the settings , for ESS - change the default firewall mode .

Yes . You are missing it.
    Turn to Advanced mode and you'll see the scheduler.

(the screenshot is from EAV v4 but it is the same for EAV v3)

Attached Files:

3. JRCATES

Thanks for your response.

Seems to run the same as before...no noticeable difference.

Otherwise, I guess the "security" settings are the same in both modes for the standalone AV version (?).....

OK....I turned on Advanced Mode....and the only difference I saw (between that and the screenshot that you provided) was an extra listing that included Log Maintenance. Otherwise, I have everything checkmarked that you do.

I still don't see an option to "schedule a scan"...like Blackspear's settings for version 2.x did......

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Click the Add button to schedule a scan (or other) task.

5. JRCATES

Thank you, Marcos. :thumb:

I noticed that the options given in the drop down box have "On Demand Computer Scan".....and that is the one I chose, and then defined the intervals for it to run (weekly, time and day)...and the path (My Computer) for it to scan/run. That is the correct way to set this up....correct?

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

7. JRCATES

Thanks for your help as well, HiTech_boy ;)

I assume that the product manual that you provided the download link for is the same one that came with version 3.0.684.0....if I go to:

start > All Programs > ESET > ESET NOD32 Antivirus > Documentation

Correct?

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , it isn't exactly the same . Documentation is the help file . This is the manual .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.