Two simple questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fchef, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fchef

fchef Registered Member

Hi to all. I'm a newcomer here and I would like to ask you two simple questions
    1) I downloaded the latest demo version of TI and tried the features on the bootable rescue cd. Everything works ok but If I click the option to continue booting from the hard disk I get the error message that ntldr is miising, press alt,control, delete to restart. What is wrong.

2) I don't want to use INcd or any other packet writing software. I want to create the images and then burn them with Nero 6.6.06.
    Do I have to use the DVD-ROM UDF compilation only to burn the images or I can use also the DVD-ROM ISO compilation as I do with my normal dvd's that contain data. Does it matter which one I use? Also do I have to split them to 2GB or it doesn't matter?

Thanks in advance

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, fchef
    Welcome to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

It means the HDD that is formatted with a NTFS file system but is not bootable, no NT OS on it [ie NT, W2K, XP, W2K3]

No you can not use you Burner ISO tool, you can split them in to 4GB tibs, there have been many post on it the newest here:- Acronis True Image/Ahead InCD

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello fchef,

Yes, you can burn your image as an ISO 9660 DVD-ROM compilation. Create a split image at 1.9 GB or 2000 MB but not 2 GB as stated in the Acronis True Image FAQ (the 2GB setting will cause Nero to complain that the file size exceeds the ISO limit). See my post to Acronis Support in this <previous thread> for the reason why. If you want better utilisation of space on a DVD-ROM (ISO), set the split at 635 MB and burn up to 7 .tib files per disk (thanks to wdormann for these tips).

Regards

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Menorcaman

You are right with ISO 9660 format

I was thinking fchef meant trying to use a Disc Image or Saved Project [all files] ISO.

Sorry for the confusion.[I'll shut up :oops: ]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.