Two Questions if you please...

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Jado54, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jado54

Jado54 Registered Member

Thank you in advance for any answers offered.

1. Whilst running the common ports checker on TDS 3 I saw that the only connection was port 139 - all others failed. Yet when I closed 139 my internet service failed so I had to reopen. My next move was to test the firwall and it came up stealth but am I vulnerable? I am running TDS3, PG, EWIDO, ZA, NOD32, SB, SBS&D, Adawre...

2. There is a post on here somewhere where a moderator posted a bunch of programs that he/she uses to keep his system tight. I have searched for it but to no avail - does anyone know the link to that post?

Once again thanks to anyone who offers an answer and many thanks to the wonderful people who provide such excellent service at DS.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi jado54, Port 139 is netbios session service. it can connect internally on your machine to LocalHost port 0 shown as listening most of the time, This will be stealth to the outside world as a rule.
    Using a program like Port Explorer will show much more detail about what connections you have.

HTH Pilli

3. BourgePD

BourgePD Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=62972

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.