Two observation TDS 3

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Hurricanetracker, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurricanetracker

Hurricanetracker Registered Member

And both of them aren't that good :D

- autostart with windows is erratic , half the time the console app crashes and it doesn't close " gently" when it does , needs to be adressed with upcoming TDS 4 ( is there a status on that ?? )

- auto-update is non-functional , even when using the URL's posted in this very forum , one still has to start the update manually .

other than that : nothing but thumbs -up .

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Most users that use XP do a manual start or a scheduled start for TDS3, the reason being is that the some of the start up scans in TDS3, if enabled, can cause freezes / clashes with other opening programs. TDS4 will address this problem.

The updates are working fine for me see this thread and my posts: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=64515

Have fun. Pilli :)

3. Hurricanetracker

Hurricanetracker Registered Member

downloaded the new cfg file and disabled autostart at windows boot , wiil inform if autoupdate still doesn't work . One thing though : how often do you need to download a new cfg file ??

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Autoupdatws are on Monday & Friday mornings at around 10AM GMT. You can use the TDS menu option on the other weekdays, very rarley there may be a weekend update.

The config file only gets updated on occasion so may be check monthly or when a post here suggests doing so.

HTH Pilli

5. BourgePD

BourgePD Registered Member

Not too often. Mine is timestamped 4/8/2003 1:59 PM

:D

6. frogfoot

frogfoot Registered Member

Any chance of an update from DCS on this, I know it seems to be a taboo subject to talk about release dates, but before Christmas we were led to believe that the release would be before the new year. Is it likely to be weeks, months? How is Beta testing going? Is there going to be a public Beta test? How about a couple of screen shots, or a preview of the user guide so that we can familiarise ourselves with it.

Please don't take this as a nag, I'm just very interested.

Thanks, Tom

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

The dog ate it all, now they've to start all over!

I don't know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.